Duck meat is all you need! (CC 1.75)

the easiest solution is to not build so many close together.many mods work that way. if you spam the map with the mini pasture lots,you have the same kind of overpowering problem. but most people don't do that.i like the little pens for fort areas but only use 1 of each. if you were tryint to buiild a huge dock town ,then you would want the high output to feed many bannies without crop space.

i did have the output way down too low a while back. it was due to mod order and i think it was a necora mod that threw the outputs off. with those mods above <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> i had a huge drop.i have changed the order and helped my situation. i believe it was the maritime storage or the crystal cliffs mod. you could tey using those above <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and see what happens. if i remember right i had about 200 duck for each blind.so it was too low.

If you're finding that you really are producing too much food and you would like more of a challenge, there are mods in Kralyerg's Kave of Krazy Kontraptions that will increase the amount of food your citizens need (HERE).

Gov,

that mod will unfairly increase % consumption of all other food sources which are balanced.

Who can mod the hunting blinds to produce less?

Thx

On a completely different topic, just in case there is any confusion - Governor is not her name, it's her rank in this forum. Her name is estherhb.

In regards to the hunting blinds, if they are causing a problem for you then the short-term solution is to ignore them and not build them. Unfortunately Shock and Kralyerg are both away from the site at the moment due to real life issues so they are not going to be able to answer your questions at the moment. Probably the best long-term solution for you would be if someone made a separate mod that alters the the hunting blind. That way you could instal it to affect your production but those of us, like me, who rarely see such high numbers, can choose not to instal it.

Quote:
On 7/24/2017 at 7:16 AM, KevinTheCynic said:

I think that what all this shows, is that there can be great variation in resource production.

Sorry I am late to the show.  The reason for the variation is the distance his workers have to walk to accomplish various tasks.  If the Hunting Blinds, Homes, Storage, Markets and things like Chapel and Herbalist were all compact the variation would be greatly reduced.  Production in Hunting Blinds works like Fishing Docks: the only factor is time spent at the hunting blind and some random chance of which of duck meat, feathers, and fish are produced.  If the time spent was more consistent by placing all those buildings together consistent results would be produced.

In my testing, Hunting Blinds can optimally produce over 1600 Duck Meat per year on a very consistent basis.

This number is very powerful.

However, Hunting Blinds might not be in the top 10 of "over powered" things in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.

Duck meat is my sole justification for making tinneries.  I don't tin up my veggies or fruits, or my mutton or beef, I make about 8 of them and throw all that duck meat at them.  And I only have one cattle field (granted, it's a full 30 x 30) of ducks, I don't have any other way of obtaining them (don't use blinds or hunting cabins).  So they should probably be changed to rabbits, cause they sure do breed like them!