[Image: VDzUT07.jpg]

A Masonry wall

[Image: egZCPtS.jpg]

[Image: d291vPd.jpg]

<b>And a Timber-framed cobblestone wall</b>

[Image: Fml8lx7.jpg]

[Image: kW6epdH.jpg]

Next: Market Halls

This is the first style, similar to the western europe civs in the castle age and beyond.[Image: WO67MlJ.jpg]

I've also started work on the western europe civ base market (two storey but with an overhang) and then I'll do the byzantine / middle eastern variants.

If mod like that might happend, i would love too! But i feel, might be problems with trademark?

As long as the mod maker is not using the mod to earn money, many trademark owners will let modders have some freedom.

These are the earlier tech ones, a halftimber and plastered brick on the left, a thatch and shingle cladded one in the middle, and a log & timber one on the right.

[Image: LR1cBzy.jpg]

Next up: middle east

I love the banners on the markets, I hope to see lots of banners and streamers in this!

Quote:
8 hours ago, DesoPL said:

If mod like that might happend, i would love too! But i feel, might be problems with trademark?

You make a decent point. I suppose I'm banking on the fact that the buildings aren't direct copies of the source material, just heavily inspired by them. And though it's possible to place the components of, say, a few walls, a wall arch, and a blockhouse to replicate an AoE2 barracks, it is equally possible to make any other combination of modules.

Whilst I use some ideas from the game, I've done lots of research into the designs and construction materials and methodology of these time periods, and things go from there. I've taken no models, sprites, or textures from the game, and on top of everything I'm doing this for the fun of it and I'll never make profit from it. ?

Quote:
2 minutes ago, Necora said:

I love the banners on the markets, I hope to see lots of banners and streamers in this!

Thanks! ? High praise from such a brilliant modder!

I've been steadily building a collection of things like banners, pennants, and other decor items that I'll probably end up using in the mod as placeable objects. Just a happy byproduct of modelling, as I'm sure you'd know. ?

I actually like teutons alike textures from feudal age, and wish see more buildings like that. Same to celts. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

More markethouses:

A mudbrick one, and a sandstone brick one. I haven't done the inlays yet, but getting there

[Image: kmlYlhb.jpg]

Also two byzantine / orthodox eastern europe ones. Bright vibrant colours to match typical persian tilework.

[Image: 7k5akFU.jpg]

PS: I have learned to never try to make a small sphere on top of a large sphere, even as a realistic cupola. It end up just looking like a boob. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/ohmy.png[/img]/emoticons/ohmy@2x.png 2x" title=":o" width="20" />