Banished Empires

This is certainly going to be an impressive collection once you're done [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

And as for a small sphere on top of a larger sphere, surely it wouldn't be a problem unless you had the two cupolas together...

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

More markethouses. This time, asian-style roofs with several different styles

[Image: yr8LDG3.jpg]

Also, I've gone through all my textures and optimized them with the RIOT program, which is AMAZING and I'd recommend it to any modder. It shrinks 500kb texture files down to like 60kb with zero noticable difference in quality and no artifacting around seamless textures.

Last markethouses, I promise:

Aztec & Mayan.

[Image: OLhTJUv.jpg]

Next up: Town Halls

So, I took a break from the town halls for a few hours, and did a mockup matrix of the styles of houses that I want to build. Needless to say, things got out of hand...

[Image: yNSMcS6.jpg]

11 Layouts x 6x Styles (Tier 1 & 2 each for gabled / hipped / adobe) = 66 Houses, each hand-made and unique.

I think I may have gone overboard a little [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blink.png[/img]/emoticons/blink@2x.png 2x" title="O.o" width="20" />

Quote:
19 minutes ago, MackGideon said:

I think I may have gone overboard a little [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blink.png[/img]/emoticons/blink@2x.png 2x" title="O.o" width="20" />

Never!

Quote:
On 2/5/2017 at 10:40 PM, MackGideon said:

Also, I've gone through all my textures and optimized them with the RIOT program, which is AMAZING and I'd recommend it to any modder. It shrinks 500kb texture files down to like 60kb with zero noticable difference in quality and no artifacting around seamless textures.

Never heard of it before, share a link?

Radical Image Optimization Tool (RIOT for short)

http://luci.criosweb.ro/riot/

As I've taken a break from directly modelling and I'm playing around with optimizing my textures and creating a library of repeatable components with my existing work, I decided to make a few decorative objects that could be placed around the house:

A chicken coop

[Image: gYnaydX.jpg]

A Greenhouse

[Image: pogVva2.jpg]

A Dog house

[Image: yqLe7pQ.jpg]

A rabbit or guinea pig hutch

[Image: wjYuEmK.jpg]

and a compost heap

[Image: tMG4Th4.jpg]

EDIT:

Also, an idea of some of the houses I'm building with my component library:

[Image: N8DpYJS.jpg]

Great job! These look great! Just a head's up, Banished doesn't allow partial transparency.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9053-mackgideon/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9053" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9053-mackgideon/">@MackGideon</a> yup <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/551-azemocram/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="551" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/551-azemocram/">@AzemOcram</a> is right, it seems that partial transparency like the green house doesn't work. I tried making a panel of glass which was a faded white 'reflection' on a transparent back ground. The back ground was transparent in game, but the faded reflection just came out as a solid white block. So it either has to be all or nothing when it comes to transparency.

That being said, I did have an idea for a greenhouse. In blender, not sure about sketchup, you can model a scene then render it, save it as a png, and use it as a texture. This is how I did the trees, I made a few complex trees using partical systems and the like, really realistic looking trees, set up a camera and lighting, then rendered it, and saved the resulting picture as a png which I used as the texture for the branches of the actual game trees. So you can get a lot of detail in just a texture, and each branch is just 1 face.

So my idea was to set up a green house scene with plants and things, put a partial transparent glass around it, render it in the same way as the trees, then use this as a texture for the greenhouse window. The issue would be that you'd have to do either all four sides and a roof, so set up the whole scene and render if from different angles, or you could make the greenhouse with only one side glass. There is a cool barn near me that has the south facing side all windows, and the north, east and west a normal barn. They grow tropical plants in there and made a nice little oasis, great for 50cm snow storms.

Quote:
12 hours ago, AzemOcram said:

Great job! These look great! Just a head's up, Banished doesn't allow partial transparency.

Gotcha. That's a shame, but I can work with that.

EDIT: A few more little fun ones, then I'll get back to the main event.

Skylights

[Image: py4pBar.jpg]

A cubby house

[Image: OlNE30J.jpg]

<b>A tool shed</b> (colours are for textures of hanging tools I'm working on)

[Image: f70faH2.jpg]

And my favourite so far, an outdoor oven

[Image: KRK8eoL.jpg]

Now, back to work on the real stuff... doing Town Centers (slow going)