CC1.7 - First Impressions

Quote:
8 hours ago, stiles said:

the old dairy is wayy dark.

We know, elemental already said that in this thread, and I already fixed it. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

thank you. any idea why my buildings seem darker??? they used to do it when i switch <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> and <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> around in the mod order. but with just <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.7 and the maritmes loaded they are darker. i tried changing graphic settings and the shadows changes the trees but the buildings are still darker.

Quote:
17 hours ago, stiles said:

how come the playground is missing a swing set??

Could be that the Banished safety council decided too many kids were jumping out of the swings and injuring themselves so they were banned. Or it could be because there wasn't one among the play equipment Kralyerg found and added to the set. 

Quote:
8 hours ago, estherhb said:

Could be that the Banished safety council decided too many kids were jumping out of the swings and injuring themselves so they were banned. Or it could be because there wasn't one among the play equipment Kralyerg found and added to the set. 

Or it could be that, in the opinion of someone like me, the playground equipment is far too modern for the game and doesn't need to be there at all? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/ohmy.png[/img]/emoticons/ohmy@2x.png 2x" title=":o" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

So I'm playing Devil's Advocate here but for what it's worth, playgrounds didn't really come into existence until the mid-1800s because generally it wasn't until the 1800s that lifespan was long enough in developed countries to allow children to have a "childhood" as we know it.

Some people really wanted playground equipment so it was added. It looks a bit modern to me too but then, no one is forcing me to use it.  I often put a veggie garden next to the school and figure the students will be trained in the fine art of growing crops [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  We aren't raising any slackers in MY town!

Quote:
13 minutes ago, estherhb said:

Some people really wanted playground equipment so it was added. It looks a bit modern to me too but then, no one is forcing me to use it.  I often put a veggie garden next to the school and figure the students will be trained in the fine art of growing crops [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  We aren't raising any slackers in MY town!

Slightly off track (but seriously), I'd love to see some screenshots [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />  

Ahem, devs, can we please have a "NO SLACKERS" sign???  

Hahahaha!!

The new building designs of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>:1.7 Journey is really great. But I really miss the city wall with the portcullis thing. I really love that stuff. Please add that, please. . .

Have you looked at the new City Wall set under Decorations? It may have what you are looking for.

There is a new city wall set, indeed. But I'm looking for the city wall like this one.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/58a2f503eeb22_Militarysectionentrance.thumb.jpg.61c6c5e2ab9c5076a4687cdb91ee9c71.jpg[/img]