CC 1.7 + New Medieval Town

the crash happens after building a pasture on the next season change. from early season to season, early spring to spring,etc. i tried something goofy that isn't suppose to work but just as a crazy test. i put <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> nf above <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> journy and turned both on. yeah i get some funny building icons in the toolbar but the game functions and my fatal error goes away.

ELEMENTAL, are you using <abbr title="New Medieval Town">nmt</abbr> 2.04 with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.7??

i do stand corrected there is 3 cow sets in the older <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>+<abbr title="New Medieval Town">nmt</abbr>. with the many animal branches i just never realzed it since i didn't but the cow type.only reason i found it now,was after the error i debugged and tested the pastures. i went back to an old old save game,built 2 pastures 1 to frieshian cows,1 to cow, and it functions with no fatal error.

should be fresian cow black and white from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>

should be milky cows black and white from <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr>

should be vanilla cattle , brown, with no milk.

thats the 3 you have ?

the <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> milk cow is black/white tags as "cow"

Quote:
36 minutes ago, stiles said:

the <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> milk cow is black/white tags as "cow"

yeah right. code is "milkycow" but at the screen is "cow"

to me that is all i can figure,that when they made the new <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>,they switched somethiing in the animal code and the game gets confused. i never used megamod. did the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> team somehow use the coding from the megamod ,or parts of it, when making the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> journey? in adding the <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> to the old <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> to make the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>,they would have made changes to the coding then.

Quote:
5 hours ago, stiles said:

ELEMENTAL, are you using <abbr title="New Medieval Town">nmt</abbr> 2.04 with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.7??

I have CC1.7 and whatever the current version of <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> is. It's been a while since <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> changed. <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> on top.

Are you using any other mods that have pastures? Kid made one (or more) and I think the newest DSSV beta has a pasture too. I haven't actually used that version, so I'm not sure if it has one or not.

Having two versions of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> should not be necessary.

Maybe you could list your mods here, in order?

Considering that MegaMod is basically a compilation of many mods including <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> it's extremely unlikely that MegaMod caused a change in how <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.7 was made. As I understand it, MegaMod is the work of someone in the BlackLiquid team but it's not a product of the whole team and <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.7 is independent from the development of <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>.

It's much more likely that there is something else going on with your mods/game/computer. The first thing I can think of is what versions of the mods are you using (other mods, not just <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> & <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>) and what version of the base game are you running? If any of them are out of date then there's likely to be conflicts that cause the crash.

Quote:
5 hours ago, elemental said:

I have CC1.7 and whatever the current version of <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> is. It's been a while since <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> changed. <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> on top.

Are you using any other mods that have pastures? Kid made one (or more) and I think the newest DSSV beta has a pasture too. I haven't actually used that version, so I'm not sure if it has one or not.

Having two versions of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> should not be necessary.

Maybe you could list your mods here, in order?

Same here for me and I also have DSSV Beta2, Kid's smaller pastures mod along with Forest Outpost, Small Town Rowhouses, Maritimes, Pesky Produce, Seed Diversity and more. I have no problems running the game with all the pastures and animals added by the various mods. The reason I mentioned some of those other mods is that they make significant changes to the base game and make load order a little troublesome.

It seems that for the majority of people, playing with those mods has not caused the crashing problem that stiles is having so I feel we have to narrow the search to something more specific with his setup rather than looking at a particular mod as being the cause (granted an outdated version of the mod could be - and I think, probably is - the cause of the crash).

ohh i know i don't need both <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> versions. i just did that as a test to see what would happen. i took banished out andput it back.cleared the registry,etc,etc. wayy too many tests and restarts. at the moment it looks to be that a 3rd mod is effecting these two that did not affect the CC1.6+<abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> before.  that is the strange part.so now i will have to chase the grmlin farther.