Extending the Pub Meals & Recipies

Quote:
3 hours ago, Necora said:

there will still be individual cranberry, blueberry, etc., just the output is generic.

Yeah, generic is the point... I don't mind to have FruitYogurt, maybe even a variety (from a small seletion, e.g. berry, cherry, orange, apple etc.), let's say at most 8 different fruit or so...

What I don't like is when we get bloated food-menus with a "choice" of 100 different fruit, 200 vegetables, 50 nuts, 95 meats, 45 grains and whatever else may grow on this planet... at least not in the basic mod - such things should be kept in add-ons or companion mods, imo  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

yeah but we still have to scroll thru the list of what we can use and then find what we have this food processor doesn't use.but i know it would be a lot of sub-catagories.food=meat,fruit,veggy,grain= types of meat animal,berries,orchard/tree,root,green,other,etc.now we need 100 groupings.lol how bout a yogut only creamery??

There are a lot of dishes, but you can add new products are new fish, seafood, lentils, cranberries, such as sushi or scrambled eggs + bacon, etc. Added a new small mod would useful not only a great mod CC1,71, but also to other stories "Banished"

Adding different spices would be really cool too. 

I'd like a small 2x2 hotplate, soup pot (cauldron, haha), grill, or spit, even an Earth Oven, and being able to put in a combo of the 'vanilla' meats, with different gathered items, then further that by adding the various seafood and meats introduced by other mods - the problem with this though is that the mod devs all need to come together for the one new mod, or share their files, so that becomes a juggling act etc.  

Or, a way to process new foods, into vanilla foods ... like butchers & the DSSV fish monger (but in reverse).  

A slow cooked lamb (side of venison or beef, even a chicken), cooked in an Earth Oven with seasonal berries, onions and mushrooms ...  nom nom nom ...

Grill off a chicken with berries for a sticky chicken kebab.

Beef with mushrooms & onions, with milk (in lieu of cream, work with me here ...), for a stroganoff 

Venison with mushrooms & onions in a soup pot.  

Hot plate & grill for beef & mushroom 

ugh, now I'm hungry [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

hm i see this being expanded into a new chain. maybe a diner that takes all the meals and gives them out from 1 center point. this may be better to do after the new changes are implemented. i would like to see fish split into bass,trout,salmon,catfish,etc. as there are different seafoods now. if it was possable i would opt for simplifeid production say meals=meat+veggy+grain+fruit. meat being any beef,pork,fish,venison,etc. not where you have to specify what type of meat and veggy to use. when you click open a building the lists can be very long. that is why i suggest a chain,where 1 creates "meat" from all types of meat and 1 creates "veggy" from various vegetables,etc. as well as we could have specific seafood meals near the maritimes sets,or "wild stews" from the forest,etc. and then a diner or shop in towns that gathers all the meals. who coded the z-masher?? that isn't as specific on what it takes in.it seems to mix different items of whatever food the town has.

Quote:
6 hours ago, stiles said:

who coded the z-masher?

That was made by Afwings - though the food is "magically" created out of thin air...

Quote:

Left over mushroom bits, beef scraps, the chunky stuff at the bottom of your old milk...

It all goes into the zMash and with a few magic spices out comes edible food!

from: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?act...ew;down=74

Plainly a cheat, quite overpowered, too... but with a very nice model - I do use it sometimes on test-runs to simulate natural growth, where I won't spend time going through the motions of building yet another gatherer and yet another hunter and yet another fishery... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

hmm i really thought it took a mixture of items. i haven't used it much. i never saw it over-produce either.guess that doesn't help the coding at all then. need a way to tell the building to use this OR that without having to manually change it from taking 1 food to another, say it can mix any of 4 veggys and add beef=beef stew.without telling it to use carrots then switch it to potaoes,then switch it to cabbage,etc.

Quote:
37 minutes ago, stiles said:

i never saw it over-produce either

It can take 4 workers who can produce like 4000+ units of "food" out of nothing... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Quote:
49 minutes ago, stiles said:

need a way to tell the building to use this OR that without having to manually change it from taking 1 food to another, say it can mix any of 4 veggies and add beef=beef stew.without telling it to use carrots then switch it to potatoes,then switch it to cabbage,etc.

<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> limits "recipes" to 3 inputs (I can only think of two items that require 4 inputs).  The recipe must specify a valid item name not a Flag (such as protein or fruit). Typically, finished products made at a location have a single name even though there are several recipes; examples are Building Supplies, Spirits and Pub Meals. This helps keep inventory lists at the town hall, traders, markets, etc. from becoming longer and longer - and more difficult to use. It would also be nice for recipes to be consistent with the time period in which Colonial Charter takes place.