Can't find suggestion box, so here goes.

There are limits as to what can be done using the modkit. 

We can't tell houses which Fuel to use. I stop making Firewood after the first few years; I build a Stacks Burner and make Charcoal instead. That's because the Stacks Burner can make 11 Charcoal per log while the Woodcutter only makes 4 Firewood per log.  Charcoal is also better for trade because you produce more:  Firewood has a value of 4 so 4 Firewood has a value of 16. Charcoal has a value of 3 so 11 Charcoal has a value of 33.  Coke has similar numbers. (All of these numbers are in the Production Spreadsheet HERE)

Controlling population by controlling housing is one of the basic challenges in Banished. Adult children that still live with their parents won't have kids and their parents won't have more kids until their adult children move out.  At some point (and for some players right from the start), many players limit new homes to 1-3 a year to prevent baby booms and later an influx of students - and later still prevent die-offs. That's also a good reason not to accept large numbers of Nomads.  (I never seem to be able to do this for long - but it is a good idea.)

Messages In This Thread
Can't find suggestion box, so here goes. - by Bro - 02-22-2017, 10:51 AM
Can't find suggestion box, so here goes. - by estherhb - 02-22-2017, 11:57 AM