Natural Diversity

good gods ! you are always working like a real game professional !

keep it up !

The models are amazing. So much attention to detail. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Thank you !!  

Excellent news <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> & <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12323" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/">@despo20</a> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />  The buildings look excellent, the concept is wonderful (yes, more uses for the reeds!), and I'm thoroughly happy that you picked up Pesky, and created your own "Rebellious Crops"  Love the name!  Those little suckers were definitely rebellious [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

I look forward to seeing the mod in the Download section ...  

Coming to a File near you ... hahaha [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Oh, and the modders here are all Wizards :D

looking great [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /><a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a>& <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12323" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/">@despo20</a>a masterpiece in the making.

and a shameless plug for myself...

I have made a Patch for my own DS mods to utilize 'Thatch' in construction when playing with NatDiv,

it can be downloaded here.

Thanks guys!

Quote:
10 hours ago, QueryEverything said:

"Rebellious Crops"  Love the name!  Those little suckers were definitely rebellious [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

I used this name like a joke when we started to think about this feature, and we liked it right away [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

Quote:
8 hours ago, Discrepancy said:

I have made a Patch for my own DS mods to utilize 'Thatch' in construction when playing with NatDiv

This is great! Now I know how my next game will start [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Thanks for the kind words everyone [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />!

Quote:
17 hours ago, elemental said:

The models are amazing. So much attention to detail. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I wholeheartedly agree! <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12323" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/">@despo20</a> completely blows me away every time he sends me screenshots of something new [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />.

Quote:
13 hours ago, Discrepancy said:

looking great [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /><a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a>& <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12323" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/">@despo20</a>a masterpiece in the making.

and a shameless plug for myself...

I have made a Patch for my own DS mods to utilize 'Thatch' in construction when playing with NatDiv,

it can be downloaded here.

This is amazing [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />! Thank you for taking the time to make our mods work together like that, I'm definitely going to play with it [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />.

There better be decorative versions of those reeds/grasses in this set [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Will the reaper grow thatch denser than the thatcher in the current version? Not sure if you saw my comment in another thread somewhere, I would like to see the fields of grass develop a bit denser around the thatcher/reaper. 

What did you decide about fuel? I found that the thatch as fuel as is in 1.0 is not really worth it, you can't support more than a couple of houses without clearing vast areas and the thatcher doesn't produce too much of it as it is a construction material. However, now you have the reaper > thatcher > thatch chain, having a fuel option in the thatcher (fire bundles eg) would be a good option as you can increase the output and make it worth while.

EDIT - the models are awesome, and that fish trap is inspired. However, you are really pushing the medieval style... not that there is anything wrong with that, but fancy giving some of the buildings a colonial/coloured wood panel version?

EDIT 2 - it's actually just the thresher I'd like to see in a colonial skin [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> the other two would fit in great

*sneaks in*

Even <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> has a wishlist [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />  Which is refreshing to know too [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />  

*leaves before I get in trouble [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

A decoration pack is definitely coming, as promised [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />. I think we'll first finish the regular mod, and then work on the other versions (light and deco-pack).

I did read your comment about the thatcher, but I think I forgot to reply to it in that thread, sorry about that! We're definitely going to reassess the productivity of the reaper, to make its fields as dense as the natural meadows.

As for the fuel, we've probably found a solution that we'll share soon, once we've done some testing. Our main goal is to compensate for the lower abundance of trees, without making it too easy to obtain large amounts of fuel either. The use of thatch as a fuel source directly is something we'll definitely remove. With the introduction of the two-step chain (grasses->grass bales->thatch) we feel that it's no longer necessary, as the player can simply turn of the thatch production and use the grasses for other goals.

I'll let <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12323" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/">@despo20</a> reply to your question about the models, as that's his turf [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />. I personally love the medieval influence in his models, but I understand that it might not fit in that well with the North American building styles.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> I do still play... sometimes... and it is always good to share ideas about mods. The reason I started modding is because I had such a large wish list I decided to give it a crack myself because I wasn't sure if many others had a similar tastes.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> Glad to hear about the grasses being denser, even if it is just making the models take up twice the space. I'd be interested to see the new fuel. I certainly think that you should increase the amount of wood per tree in the mod (high/low create of wood) as the main way of compensating for reduction in trees, vanilla was already under powered. IMO fuel still needs to be a two step process though, you have to harvest something and turn it into fuel rather than taking directly from the map. That in itself would remove the easiness of it and make any addition similar to the firewood chain.

Another issue with the thatch in V1, although by removing it's use as a fuel you have probably fixed this already, is that the material counts towards the fuel limit but the thatcher uses the construction limit, so there is a miss-match between the two there.

And I also think his medieval stuff looks fantastic, it wasn't meant as a knock against that at all, especially as most things in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and a lot at WOB are very medieval looking. It would just be nice to have a wooden version of things as well as the stone versions. 

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the next version!