Natural Diversity

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> I've had that error many times. It is one of the ones that I end up just re-writing a load of files because I can never figure out exactly what caused it. Actually, I was getting this crash then I had foliage material and billboard material for different parts of the same mesh. That was all that I changed, one material from the standard opaque material to a foliage material. I have no idea why it gave it to me, because this is something you should perfectly be able to do. Sorry, I can't help much but just keep trying things.

Also, have you played around with the UV on the billboard material? I use it for my leaves for the aspens etc., and after a lot of messing around they now look just how they should in game. I project view from the top, move the lay out over 0'0, then scale it around until it looks right in game.

Thanks! I have tried what you said, and after fiddling a bit with my UV I got it to work!

I have another question though if you don't mind [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />. How do you use multiple materials on one mesh? This would be really nice to use for some of my herbs

bah when you assign a texture to a box/plane/cylinder/sphere.... you click and assign ? you do same with other box/plane/etc to another .png....

and at the end you mix everything up in one single mesh (blender has its own way and menu as 3dsmax do too on its way)

and then in your materialInstance folder, you have a .png .rsc and a Texture.rsc file for your 1st texture, you do the same file with your 2nd textures (you can have 200 of these .png .rsc. Texture.rsc , there is no limit)

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> I don't have time to write now, but will reply this evening. Unless you figure it out first, or Red tells you (he told me!).

Thanks <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a>! I think I get it, I will try it and report back [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />!

Meanwhile I'm getting v1.0 ready for full release.

If nothing else comes up, this will be the changelog:

• Grasses will now sway softly in the wind, and get frosted in snowy conditions.

• Grasses will grow slower, and take longer to harvest. This will decrease the productivity of the Thatcher's Shed.

• The Thatchers have complained about leaks in their shed. The roof of the Thatcher's Shed has been replaced by a wooden one, and it no longer requires thatch to be constructed. This makes Thatch obtainable in start conditions introduced by other mods.

• The resource limit icon of the Thatcher's Shed has been changed to match the Thatch icon.

• Thatch is now also useable as a Fuel.

• Food and Herbs are no longer destroyed when harvested by labourers, to avoid conflicts with other mods.

• (internal) The resource files that this mod adds have been given a 'NatDiv' prefix in their name, to avoid conflicts with other mods.

The new thatcher's shed:

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/ThatcherNew.png.fe0d556ded45d1664442ce7e4bd0315e.png[/img]

Natural Diversity v1.0 is now available for download! It can be found here:

<iframe data-embedcontent="" frameborder="0" src="<___base_url___>/index.php?/files/file/174-natural-diversity/&do=embed"></iframe>

The promised Light version (visual updates only) is available too:

<iframe data-embedcontent="" frameborder="0" src="<___base_url___>/index.php?/files/file/175-natural-diversity-light/&do=embed"></iframe>

Did you get the multi materials working?

Yes, I tried today and it worked! It's going to take quite some time to redo all my meshes I'm afraid, so I've put that on my list for a future update. It will enable me to add much more detail to their behaviour though, so I'm a happy man [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />. Thank you guys!

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> congrats on your release. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

May I bother you and ask if you can please also add a fileshare link, either dropbox or google drive?  I am having issues trying to get the file, i'm in a 'patchy' connection error presently and can't get the file intact.  

Happy Easter, and thank you again.

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />