Natural Diversity

Looks great <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> I'll download in work and give it a run this evening with the maritimes stuff... can't wait to see what beauty has been created!

can we get another link for this mod? i use an older browser so can not get dropbox to show up. thanks be glad to run some tests.

I eagerly await your opinions [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/happy.png[/img]/emoticons/happy@2x.png 2x" title="^_^" width="20" />!

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8298" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/">@stiles</a> Here's a google drive link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-ZePVZ...hjZXM/view

I hope that one works for you, otherwise let me know and we can find another solution.

Alright <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> *cracks knuckles* lets give this a go!

So... as noticed over at WOB, the mod crashes when used above the Pine Set in the load order. Pine Set needs to be 1st, with Natural Diversity 2nd and it seems to run OK (in my limited testing so far).

Things are beautiful...

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/NatDivPine1.jpg.570b419b7f369d794e1e1d083c8af8b8.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/NatDivPine2.jpg.89cd7056ae3444b7448e4c8cc9798db0.jpg[/img]

I need to try the zoom hack to get the real beauty of it all though.

I didn't think I would, but I do like the requirement of thatch for the vanilla buildings. I wasn't sure about altering those, but it does make them more interesting and it is rather easy to come by so it is not like you suddenly can't build a gatherer straight away because of lack of thatch. So bonus points for extra realism.

A couple of things... did you intend for anything to sway in the wind? If you could make the grass sway in the wind, it would be really cool. It looks quite static right now next to the trees. It should be just a case of adding another UV channel to the grass, depending on what material you use for it. You could also do it for the flowers, that would be cool.

Also, in the thatch building, do you know you can change the icon for the resource limit? At the moment it is the standard bricks, but you can customize it to be the small icon for thatch. Some might like the standard limit icon there, but I really like customizing the limit icon in each building UI to the main output of that building. If you want, here is the code from the lobster boat that makes lobster the icon... it is the labelDescription labelLimit part of the UI code at the bottom of the template file. Change the last two lines, linking to your sprite sheet rather than the new limits one.

Code:
LabelDescription labelLimit
{
    Alignment _alignment = MidLeft;

Font _font = "Font\FontSmall.rsc";
    int _imageWidth = 20;
    int _imageHeight = 20;
    int _spacing = 4;
    LabelPosition _labelPosition = TextRight;
    Alignment _textAlignment = MidLeft;

StringTable _stringTable = "Dialog/NewLimitStringTable.rsc:gameDialogs";
    String _text = "FoodLimit";
    SpriteSheet _spriteSheet = "UI/NSInshoreSpriteSheet.rsc";
    String _spriteName = "Lobster";
}

One of my forest blueberry bushes made its way into your meadow, along with a couple of apple trees...

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/NatDivPineBlueberry.jpg.1bf886b58c29997e1ce83518bf462e6c.jpg[/img]

I love that my chanterelles look like they oould be from the same pack as your mushrooms!

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/NatDivPineChanterelle.jpg.fbed20b4a113bb8406b428db233ad4e8.jpg[/img]

And the fiddlehead and apple trees go nicely on the forest/meadow edge (if you can make it out in the shadows).

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/NatDivPineFiddlehead.jpg.13d8469ec14e6abf938367a2a55beab0.jpg[/img]

That is all I got for now, I'll do some more playing!

Looking fantastic.

Zoom hack is trippy...

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/NatDivPineZH01.jpg.3c1207c57ea2860faeddf6fb0e0a4846.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/NatDivPineZH02.jpg.e3a2fd09f64af9964db7a14b66b7a55d.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/NatDivPineZH03.jpg.252f3f6f9d98d226c84bfdef2cd0a159.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/NatDivPineZH04.jpg.6650dd8c5b2d522fbf8a7a175c75dc36.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/NatDivPineZH05.jpg.8c295398e9babf9ddcedeb42c8dedd06.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/NatDivPineZH06.jpg.35a0e2f6852f037b8ad3a88611169e02.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/NatDivPineZH07.jpg.d6c2927986dc527423504954d0d11b2a.jpg[/img]

Having a little pity party cos there aren't any Domesticated Animals showing in my barns ... 

Idiot ...  new start conditions. Hahaha!!

Feel free to laugh at me ...  I did [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" /> 

I did a little test.

Very nice! I love it!

Also the building and the resources in stockpiles are great [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f70003fe_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic553.png[/img]

Thanks for the kind replies everyone [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />!

I love those screenshots <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a>! I'll give them a try together when I have the time to play. And like your suggestion about the resource limit icon, I will do that.

EDIT: as for the swaying, I'll see if that is possible. The problem is that for these models the Billboard effect doesn't really look nice, and I haven't yet been able to figure out how to change the code to get swaying and withering, but not the billboard effect.

yeah it changes how the mesh looks like in game [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" /> totally not the same as was intented before without the billboard [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" /> i ve got to adapt and redo things

Yes it's quite difficult to predict its behaviour, especially on meshes that require exact placement of elements.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> I have tried to use the FoliageMaterial on my grasses to see how it would look, but it's giving me this error:

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/FoliageError.png.6a222b35640615402dc0a293c04062fa.png[/img]

Have you ever had this one?