Natural Diversity

Quote:
55 minutes ago, Necora said:

well I wasn't going to because I didn't want static animals, but then I thought to hell with it, why not for fun.

If you want a copy of any of the static decorative animals that are in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, just ask.  They're mostly just random models I've come across.

does the way the item looks in the forest on the ground have to be the same as the way it looks once the banis pick it up and carry it? say you have a normal looking bear,once the bani collects it does it have to look like a bear while it is being carried?  or can it look like a bear and then look like the bani is carrying meat or furs? if so then yeah it would be neat to have a mixture of placed animals throughout the forest.

Quote:
24 minutes ago, stiles said:

does the way the item looks in the forest on the ground have to be the same as the way it looks once the banis pick it up and carry it?

No.

If you look at the crop fields, when they get harvested they turn into those little baskets. Then the worker carries the basket.  Same thing for natural resources in the wild.  The carrying resource can look however the modder wants it to.

As funny as it would be! 

Thanks for the kind words!

Do I understand it correctly that it is mostly unknown how animations work in banished? I have only taken a peek at the example files, but it seemed rather vague to me indeed. I do recall seeing a duck flying around in the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> mod though, so I guess that at least someone did manage to add models with their own animations into the game?

It's not that it's "unknown", just that it's the most difficult thing to do.

ShockPuppet knows how to do it (and it makes him cry in the night like a little girl).

There's things involved with bones and skins that I don't understand that are completely different from other modeling. 

Hmm, that sounds like a daunting task. I do quite value the scarce hours of sleep I get, but I might give it a shot at some point anyway.

I love those mushrooms. Here's hoping for some herbs that look like herbs, too.

Thank you. I'm currently working on some herbs, as I feel that there should be a lot of variation in those. Since they are being used as medicinal plants, I'm going for a broader approach than just herbacious species, to allow for even more variety.

Sounds great <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  can't wait!!