Despo begins to modding :-)

Quote:
16 hours ago, Discrepancy said:

and also the Package.rsc file has the same name at the top "PackageFile D20House"

You got it! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

Thanks again <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a>!

EDIT:

Ok, it works properly.

Now I have to understand how the Community Toolbar works.

Thanks for the great explanation <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12323" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/">@despo20</a>! I'll try this and let you know the results [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12323" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/">@despo20</a> this is why I need photoshop.

Photoshop is the best! I use it for years to work and hobby.

It worked! Thanks again <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12323" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/">@despo20</a>!

left is before, right is after.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/before-after.png.060524bad2d35726dfc9c4253a487c26.png[/img]

Photoshop is amazing indeed. I have been messing around with it for quite a while, but I'm still discovering new things every time.

Great! I'm glad to have helped.

I love this community. Very creative and collaborative [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/happy.png[/img]/emoticons/happy@2x.png 2x" title="^_^" width="20" />

Community Toolbar = done! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f70003fe_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic553.png[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/58d84d9e87090_D20House_communitytoolbar.jpg.5d4905931902e4be66d446d3aadac18d.jpg[/img]

Now it's time for the second house!

I want to build 3 or 4 houses before releasing the mod, so in the meantime I can improve my first model with what I'll find out.

I have another question for you modders: How do you put several buildings in one single mod?

I'm sure you have discussed and explained it somewhere here or on WoB, but I haven't found it  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/mellow.png[/img]/emoticons/mellow@2x.png 2x" title=":|" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12323" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/">@despo20</a> love the buildings [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Where the dirt is in the footprint will you have that as road tiles, or blank, so we can place road tiles or decorative pieces there? (please [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />)

Can't wait to try them out [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
44 minutes ago, despo20 said:

I have another question for you modders: How do you put several buildings in one single mod?

It is simply by making another template file for the building and all required model files etc.

In your DespoMods/D20House/D20House.rsc file, you can simply add another toolbar call section like this:

Code:
Toolbar D20House2  // this needs to be called up in your D20HouseResources.rsc file like the first entry
{    
    Toolbar _parent = "Game\D20toolbar.rsc:Housing";    // this calls up your community game/toolbar button
    int _sortPriority = 200;    // change this number to set the location of this button in the toolbar.

Action _action = Tool;        
    ComponentDescription _tool = "Template/D20House2.rsc";        // this creates the link to the building template file.

bool _autoHotKey = true;  
}

as long as you are calling up all building like this you should have no problem.

If you are referring to adding more than one building as an F-key variant,

you will need to create a similar template file to the WoodHouse.rsc or StoneHouse.rsc in the modkit. Create the model and materialInstance files for each new house and then call up them files in the single template file like the WoodHouse.rsc.

I see you made your community toolbar, great job! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

you just add a new line in your MyModResources.rsc like this [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

ExternalList resource

{

External _resources

[

// toolbar - references building and everything else - nothing else need be listed here

"Japanese.rsc:JapaneseCherryTreeWhiter"

"Japanese.rsc:JapaneseCherryTreeWhite"

"Japanese.rsc:JapaneseCherryTreeRose"

"Japanese.rsc:JapaneseCherryTreeRed"

"Japanese.rsc:JapaneseBambooTree1"

"Japanese.rsc:BambooRoad"

]

}