Despo begins to modding :-)

Quote:
36 minutes ago, Paeng said:

It's a <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> housing - I think probably the "Captain's House"... or one nearby on that toolbar  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Thanks, I remember seeing it, but not where [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

it is hard to say anything about crash and why it crashed [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wacko.png[/img]/emoticons/wacko@2x.png 2x" title=":S" width="20" /> specially with just a window screenshot like that and without any explanation of what you did (in your graphics, in your code, in your game)

nvwgf2umx.dll is part of NVIDIA D3D10 drivers and developed by NVIDIA Corporation... so double check your textures... and your mesh.

Thanks <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a>

I did exactly as the other buildings, or so I thought...

Perhaps you have given me the right clue! I'm going to check [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="14" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/">@Paeng</a> what a great little coincidence [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  Now I need to go see and what I can attach it to!!  

I love those images, and I love that little storage solution you made!

If <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12323" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/">@despo20</a> could do something like that, deliberately, that would be excellent.  The amount of fun that could be had. !!  

Despo, you may have guessed, I'm never one to say 'no more storage', so, go nuts!  F-variant 'up the waazzoooo' as crass as that may be [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />  

And only ask, if you ever really want to know, my ideas on storage, and how different limits & resources should work together ...  hahahaha [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Well, then, variants variants variants!

To infinity and beyond! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

[Image: Fatheadbuzzlightyear3.jpg]

Quote:
20 hours ago, despo20 said:

Perhaps you have given me the right clue! I'm going to check [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

After checking all textures, all meshes and all code files, the problem remained the same... so i tried the last thing:

launch the game forcing the default options... and it works [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blink.png[/img]/emoticons/blink@2x.png 2x" title="O.o" width="20" />

Quote:
4 hours ago, despo20 said:

After checking all textures, all meshes and all code files, the problem remained the same... so i tried the last thing:

launch the game forcing the default options... and it works [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blink.png[/img]/emoticons/blink@2x.png 2x" title="O.o" width="20" />

Strange. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blink.png[/img]/emoticons/blink@2x.png 2x" title="O.o" width="20" /> At the risk of teaching you how to suck eggs, are all your graphics drivers up-to-date/compatible/working/accessing the right files/not in the middle of an update?

I don't imagine that this is the problem especially considering you work with 3D graphics software so you're probably more aware of this sort of thing than I am. But it's the only thing I can think of given that at least one of the dll's listed is for graphics. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/unsure.png[/img]/emoticons/unsure@2x.png 2x" title=":/" width="20" /> I'm kinda hoping that discussing things here might spark some insight?

the mod kit does... strange things... it's best to not question it's methods...

Quote:
3 minutes ago, Necora said:

the mod kit does... strange things... it's best to not question it's methods...

Oh you mean like that strange old aunt who makes meatloaf that's actually delicious but you really don't know what she puts in it... and it's best not to ask! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

Quote:
3 minutes ago, KevinTheCynic said:

Oh you mean like that strange old aunt who makes meatloaf that's actually delicious but you really don't know what she puts in it... and it's best not to ask! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

exactly, only with more frustration and less tasty reward, and the same amount of doubt about your well being afterwards.