Error Bug with Resource Limits

When you're in the Banished main menu, which game version is shown at the bottom of the screen?

If anyone doesn't know... the latest version of Banished is 1.0.7. 170320 beta. This is the second update that ShiningRock/Luke has released this year.

Hi <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8733-buildhappy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8733" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8733-buildhappy/">@BuildHappy</a> that maritimes mod you have listed there, is that the complete package? If so, it has not been updated for a while and certainly won't have the new flags and limits etc. Also, you have the New England Colonial mod up there which I believe is now part of 1.75? If it is the same mod, the one by <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3372-the-pilgrim/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3372" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3372-the-pilgrim/">@the Pilgrim</a>. 

When Journey was released initially, it didn't have the new flags and limits so was designed to work with Banished 106 game. The Beta changed a lot of things, and Journey was updated to its current version to include all of the new resource limits introduced. However, if you don't have the Banished 107 Beta enabled, this will result in funky things because the game doesn't have the underlying code to deal with the new resource limits and flags, even if <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> or others introduce them. This is why you are having issues with the crashes and limits.

Honestly, I think you need to have an update overhaul of your mods if you want to use the new content. The Maritimes mod for example will conflict and change resource characteristics of Journey 1.75 making buildings and resource act funny.

Make sure you subscribe to the Beta test option in Steam (the test is stable as far as I can see, so it won't be causing any problems). When you do that, it will automatically update your game to the newest available version including Betas. 

Then, go through your mods and make sure you download the most recent of each. <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> J 1.75 is fine, but you'll need to ditch that Maritimes file and replace it with the modular sets which are all up to date for the most recent Beta version with new limits etc. Same with Forest Deep, if you download it again from World of Banished, make sure you get it from the 1.0.7 Mod Downloads section not the original mod downloads section. 

Also, check what is included in Mega Mod. Like I said you don't need the seperate Colonial House Mod any more, and the Forest Deep might even be in Mega Mod (but I am not sure).

It might seem like a lot of effort, but trust me, it is totally worth it for all of the new stuff!

Things are a lot better and the crashes are gone.  A few observations:

I did not know that 'Colonial Houses v1.53' included in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 0.07 was the same as the 'New England Colonial Mod' available on steam (mostly 'cuz the names aren't the same.)

Enabling beta stopped the crashes. As I was not crashing before, I must have been using only the non-beta versions of CCJ and <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> through steam.

I updated maritimes (from here) to 104.4, although I don't think this mod was involved in my crash issues. (I don't often play water worlds, and rarely even use quay buildings, let alone the full range of amazing stuff in maritimes... but I will disable it in-game and go through and get all the modular sets this week. whew!)

I changed my mod order and a ton of new things became available and the menus look different (yay). My mod list is now:

ridiculous storage

Maritimes (will disable today and get sets this week)

New England Colonial (from steam, will also disable today, but doesn't seem to bother <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 0.07)

Forest Deep v3 (will seek updated stuff this week when i get all the maritimes sets, but this one doesn't seem to bother <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 0.07 either)

1.0.7 Compatibility (may not apply to CCJ 1.75 but doesn't seem to bother either 1.75 or <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 0.07)

CCJ 1.75

<abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 0.07

Mega Deco 0.07

to circle around to the original post, resource limits are happy now (no weird amounts at start, and no more crashes) after I did three things: a) enabled beta in steam, b) updated several - but not all, yet - mods from here, and c) tweaked my mod order.

played for 7 hours last night,  and noticed my small market and hospital have made a happy face in my town!

thanks to everyone for their help and advice. happy gaming!   [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/58e667dc9ca29_limitsfixed.thumb.JPG.46c6fd1ad0193249f50c8c7fb1935604.JPG[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/58e667e471ec0_happyface.thumb.JPG.7d5aa594cd130f2272905fdbf710232a.JPG[/img]

Quote:
On 4/6/2017 at 9:12 AM, BuildHappy said:

I did not know that 'Colonial Houses v1.53' included in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 0.07 was the same as the 'New England Colonial Mod' available on steam (mostly 'cuz the names aren't the same.)

They aren't the same; while the houses may look similar at first glance, there are definite differences in designs.  Colonial Houses v1.53 is by kid1293 and is available at WorldofBanished.com.  Designs for the homes in the New England Colonial Mod, which is included in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.75, were provided by The Pilgrim based on historical blueprints, with the basic models by Azem Ocram and textures/finishing by Shock Puppet.  

I had the very same problem, Necora's answer helped me too. Thanks a lot! I loved these mods, I was worried that I won't be able to play with them. I am so relieved [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/happy.png[/img]/emoticons/happy@2x.png 2x" title="^_^" width="20" />