Culture and Security as abstract resources

Quote:
22 hours ago, SamuraiWindu said:

Hostile buildings could also include tiny animal dens.  There could be specific dens for different animals.  Bear, wolf, fox and rabbit dens might be found on hills and mountains.  Beaver dams might be found along rivers.  The landscape could be riddled with swamps of various sizes located on lowlands or along the coast.  New animal dens might pop up and old ones might remove themselves throughout the game, while swamps may remain static until cleared out.

Clearing out hostile buildings could yield valuable resources.  Native villages and encampments could yield Logs, Leather, Feathers, Arrow Heads, Native Artifacts, etc.  Animal dens could yield animal parts of their respective animals.  Swamps could yield Fish, Frog Legs, Turtles, snake parts, Herbs, and wild vegetables.

Different hostile buildings could be determined by your chosen setup.  A jungle might have tiger, gorilla, monkey, and crocodile dens.  An American desert might have eagle, coyote, bobcat, and armadillo dens, but no swamps.

You have lots of creative ideas, but I'm don't know how they would be implemented within the confines of this game.  You should become familiar with the types of mods that have been and are being created so you have a better understanding of the limitations of the modkit.  In addition to reading the threads here, also take a look at WorldofBanished.com.

Quote:
1 hour ago, estherhb said:

You have lots of creative ideas, but I'm don't know how they would be implemented within the confines of this game.  You should become familiar with the types of mods that have been and are being created so you have a better understanding of the limitations of the modkit.  In addition to reading the threads here, also take a look at WorldofBanished.com.

Thank you for the feedback.

Admittedly I am clueless as to the full limitations of the mod kit, but I am learning.  I am relatively new to Banished and I heard that Colonial Charter was a “must have” mod that brings the game to a whole new level.  That is why I came here first.  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

As I play the game, I have ideas on how to improve (or at least change) it and I like to share these ideas.  In a way, I am reluctant to learn all the current limitation of the mod kit because that might limit my creativity.  Shining Rock Software seems to be willing to support new functionality in the mod kit, so who knows when some of the more outlandish ideas might become viable in the future.  Until then, we can only dream.  Right?  I will continue to explore other mods, though, to see what is out there.