Clean hills

Quote:
10 hours ago, QueryEverything said:

Hiya, thanks for the tips <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="14" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/">@Paeng</a> & <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> I gave that a go, and I found that it cleared the trees, but it left a red tile where the tree was, so, back to 0 [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

Here you can see that the red tile is where the tree was.  

The process was:

1)  lay the bridge, confirm the build

2)  use the 'remove' button to remove the bridge foundation

3)  attempt to place the mine

In this picture you can see it can't be placed because of the foundation, I hadn't terraformed that row of tiles yet, but the result of the rogue red tile is still the same from where the tree was when the bridge was laid there.

{bridge} oh my ...  what the?  Sorry, typed whilst falling asleep, and it wasn't even just once.

Bridge = Tunnel

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="1966" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/58e9c62baf3db_20170409Screenshot443.jpg.169d438579a7ea8ddfdcc508e02e1cfa.jpg">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/58e9c62baf3db_20170409Screenshot443.jpg.169d438579a7ea8ddfdcc508e02e1cfa.jpg[/img]</a>

It worked for me when placing a pasture. I did it just like you.

Quote:
1 hour ago, Kralyerg said:

You can try this little guy I just whipped up.

Since trees are spawned when the map is generated, this would require a new map to be used. But (based on my tiny bit of testing) it should make it so you don't get any trees on your mountain tops.

Awesome! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" /> Thank you.

Brilliant work <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> will definitely give it a run [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Not sure why it worked for you (the work around) <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/7738-slavepetrich/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="7738" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/7738-slavepetrich/">@Slavepetrich</a> maybe I was working higher on the mountain?  Not sure, but am happy it worked [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Quote:
On 4/9/2017 at 10:22 PM, QueryEverything said:

Not sure why it worked for you (the work around) <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/7738-slavepetrich/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="7738" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/7738-slavepetrich/">@Slavepetrich</a> maybe I was working higher on the mountain?  Not sure, but am happy it worked [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

There is a really odd glitch that I've come across a few times when placing the tunnel then removing it ASAP, and it seems to happen at random. I place a tunnel to see where it will go, realize it is too long and I need to do some flattening or something so remove it, then pace it again. However, once I try to place it again it is now all red out, because for some reason it is now seeing the middle tiles as ground level even if they are in the middle of a hill. So it will let me place a tunnel until the center of the hill, but no further. I would assume that if you try to place a tunnel and have it end where that red square is in the middle of the hill, it might go green. I have no idea why this happens, but it might also be related to why some shore tiles become un-buildable from the start or after demolishing something.