Clean hills

I'd like to have a mod or just a option to remove or not to have trees on hills where ppl can't remove them. This is only because I like to have slope pastures. Sorry if this is repeating I haven't noticed it by myself. Thanks!

+1, this is by far my most annoying 'quirks'.  I have to terraform around the hill so I can get my mini mines in.

The large 8 tlle mines it doesn't matter as they lower the terrain, but anything that removes the trees won't.

The workaround for me, using the flattening tool, then with the terrain tool increase the tiles to the highest height.  The terrain tool doesn't match the height of the tallest hills, but I can make a somewhat ok mini mountain from it.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> may know of a way to make the trees reachable ... 

I had wondered if maybe trees can only spawn on X/Y of --- (being ground level) and X/Y of being TTT (the highest mountain level), but I don't think the game terrain works this way.  It's such a pain to find them on the slopes, yuck.

Try to lay a tunnel footprint under the trees, iitc that should remove those trees...

Quote:
5 hours ago, Paeng said:

Try to lay a tunnel footprint under the trees, iitc that should remove those trees...

but what will happen if i delete the tunnel? I dont have any experience with that.

Quote:
5 minutes ago, Slavepetrich said:

but what will happen if i delete the tunnel?

You don't actually have to build the tunnel.  Just drag the tunnel across, let go, and the trees that it is crossing should magically disappear. Then just go and cancel building.

Quote:
7 minutes ago, Kralyerg said:

You don't actually have to build the tunnel.  Just drag the tunnel across, let go, and the trees that it is crossing should magically disappear. Then just go and cancel building.

I'll give it a try! Thanks!

Hiya, thanks for the tips <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="14" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/">@Paeng</a> & <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> I gave that a go, and I found that it cleared the trees, but it left a red tile where the tree was, so, back to 0 [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

Here you can see that the red tile is where the tree was.  

The process was:

1)  lay the bridge, confirm the build

2)  use the 'remove' button to remove the bridge foundation

3)  attempt to place the mine

In this picture you can see it can't be placed because of the foundation, I hadn't terraformed that row of tiles yet, but the result of the rogue red tile is still the same from where the tree was when the bridge was laid there.

{bridge} oh my ...  what the?  Sorry, typed whilst falling asleep, and it wasn't even just once.

Bridge = Tunnel

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/58e9c62baf3db_20170409Screenshot443.jpg.169d438579a7ea8ddfdcc508e02e1cfa.jpg" data-fileid="1966">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/58e9c62baf3db_20170409Screenshot443.jpg.169d438579a7ea8ddfdcc508e02e1cfa.jpg[/img]</a>

Bridge? You mean Tunnel, right? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Anyway - I only remember this technique dimly, all you do is draw the tunnel, then cancel the build to remove the footprint... not sure why you get red squares left behind... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

In any case, it should do to clear the hill, what Slavepetrich wanted... but now you want to clear the hill first and then build a tunnel through it, too... can't you just build the tunnel without all that "clearing" stuff first...?

Sorry <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="14" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/">@Paeng</a> I was falling asleep when I wrote the above post.

Bridge = Tunnel
[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

I was building a Tiny Mine.

1)  place tunnel

2)  cancel build, using the remove building tool

3)  attempt to place Tiny Mine - find the rogue red tile

Ok, that all seems correct now [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

You can try this little guy I just whipped up.

<a class="ipsAttachLink" href="<___base_url___>/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1978" data-fileid="1978">NoMountainTrees.pkm</a>

Since trees are spawned when the map is generated, this would require a new map to be used. But (based on my tiny bit of testing) it should make it so you don't get any trees on your mountain tops.