no cursor...?

Quote:
12 hours ago, Paeng said:

Okay, your list of mods seems to match the pre-1.0.4 era... if none of them has been updated later (m/any mods compiled with banished 1.0.5 or later will give you problems, as there were big changes at that time).

Check your shortcut - it must point to either Application-x32.exe or Application-x64.exe... or try to start directly via the exe, not the shortcut.

I'm also wondering - according to my notes, you should have the following files in [WinData -]

C:/ShiningRock/Banished/WinData/

patch0.pkg

patch1.pkg

data0.pkg

(for 1.0.4 Build 141103 Patch, which is the one just after your patch...)

Sortcuts: have tried it, no changes.

Have in my WinData:  data0.pkg

data1.pkg

Where do I get patch0 and patch1?

I also have tried the game without any mods, it works just fine, but as soon as I add one (and no matter which one) no mor cursor or distorded cursor-windows.

This will be my last try. If the patches won't help that I will re-install everything and surely be back here for help to know what to install and where to find it. Thank You all.

Fred

Quote:
1 minute ago, mrbisonm said:

Where do I get patch0 and patch1?

Well, they normally come with the official install packages...

Quote:
6 minutes ago, mrbisonm said:

I will re-install everything and surely be back here for help

Yeah, sounds like the right thing to do - 1.0.5 and 1.0.6 had a number of bugfixes... the latest 1.0.7 is still in beta, but hopefully a full release will come soon.

Just shout out if you need some hints  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
1 hour ago, Paeng said:

Well, they normally come with the official install packages...

Would you have a link, since getting around the official site is somewhat "poorly" organized, it is even a mess with all kinds of downloads that I don't know if needed or not, and a search for patch 0 and 1 doesn't come up with anything. Thanks.

Fred

check you pm

Ok, Problem solved
, the game is back to normal.

After installing both patch0 and patch1, it showed the cursor and full cursorwindows, but the Trader still crashed the game when I clicked on it. Then I was asking myself what exactly could have gotten wrong only by deleting the shortcut of the application exe.

I then went searching for other Banished files that I have stached away as copies etc,  I found a back-up folder of different files from the game years old, including these two zipfiles below. While I was certain that I will have to re-install the game and loose my personal way to play Banished, here goes nothing or everything, and I re-installed and overode both these files in my gamefolder with the contents of the two zipfiles and.....guess what.....everything is normal since it was for the last 3 or 4 years. Yahoo!

Can't figure out why that is so and what it has to do with the shortcut, but I don't care anymore, I will be able to continue to play as before.<

Thank You everyone, you all have been a lot of help.

[Image: 3444.jpg]

Greetings

Fred