no cursor...?

By error I deleted my shortcut on the desktop right after an electricity failor in the area. I created a new one and now I have no cursor (ingame) when playing the game with my mods (WinData folder). The icons still light up when I hover over them and they function, but it is quite a job to blindly find them first.

I can't re-install the game because it doesn't even start then. So.....anyone has an idea?

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Fred

I looked this up on Steam and found two suggestions - hope one works:

1) Try switching to DirectX11 instead of DX9

2) Keep CTRL pressed while launching Banished so you bring up the Options before the game itself and try checking "Use software mouse cursor". (recommendation from Vrayna)

Quote:
1 hour ago, estherhb said:

2) ... try checking "Use software mouse cursor".

Or try "Disable Direct Input"...

Thanks for the response. I tried Nr 1, now I can see the cursor, but the image of the window is still not right. I can also play the game, except when I click on a Trader's post, *Fatal Error on runtime.dll* appears and the game closes.

No2 : I don't have DirectX11 and because I have many other old games on the computer, I am afraid that it will screw up many others....

Edit:

Quote:

Or try "Disable Direct Input"...

....does the same as No1. Thanks.

Fred

Are you playing with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.75 and Banished v 1.0.7 Build 170320?

Quote:
2 hours ago, estherhb said:

Are you playing with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.75 and Banished v 1.0.7 Build 170320?

Hm....how do I know? Here is what I have in my WinData Folder. Not all are switched on during play, depending what Colonial Charter I play. But I always (since many years) had these in there and changed or added nothing.

[Image: 4342.jpg]

Fire up Banished, in the first loading screen at bottom center you will find the version number...

If <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>:EA is really your current game, I fear you missed a few updates, to both <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and Banished... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/huh.png[/img]/emoticons/huh@2x.png 2x" title="o.O" width="20" />

Quote:
14 minutes ago, Paeng said:

Fire up Banished, in the first loading screen at bottom center you will find the version number...

If <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>:EA is really your current game, I fear you missed a few updates, to both <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and Banished... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/huh.png[/img]/emoticons/huh@2x.png 2x" title="o.O" width="20" />

[Image: 4343.jpg]

Strange though that everything worked just fine before. I only deleted the shortcut by error and replaced it with a new one from the same folder.......??

Quote:
7 hours ago, mrbisonm said:

Strange though that everything worked just fine before.

Okay, your list of mods seems to match the pre-1.0.4 era... if none of them has been updated later (m/any mods compiled with banished 1.0.5 or later will give you problems, as there were big changes at that time).

Check your shortcut - it must point to either Application-x32.exe or Application-x64.exe... or try to start directly via the exe, not the shortcut.

I'm also wondering - according to my notes, you should have the following files in [WinData -]

C:/ShiningRock/Banished/WinData/

patch0.pkg

patch1.pkg

data0.pkg

(for 1.0.4 Build 141103 Patch, which is the one just after your patch...)

If you can't get Banished working, maybe it's time to update to the current version of Banished and Colonial Charter?