Best Mods

Quote:
1 hour ago, elemental said:

There is so much new stuff out in the last few months it's hard to pick a favourite. Kid's updated rowhouses look even better than they did before, likewise Red's canal update is great, and Discrepancy has been spoiling us with many great releases. Maybe just pick something new (anything...) and see where it takes you. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I agree that there's an awful lot of good stuff that's come out.  Sounds like a good idea!  

And those few I mentioned are just the mods that I've been using in my current game. There are plenty more as well. No disrespect intended to any that I didn't mention. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Because there are so many new mods, that's the reason I started the post to see which one or two people especially like.  Didn't work.

Quote:
8 hours ago, estherhb said:

Didn't work.

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

Yeah, that's hard to answer anyway - there are mods I absolutely "hate" while other players can't be without them, and vise versa... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Quote:
On 2017-6-8 at 0:21 PM, Paeng said:

Hmmm... I'm having that problem too... not sure yet if it's NatDiv - I had a mix of different mods that all spawn things (NatDiv, RK Fodder, New Flora etc...), so it's probably a bit much to have all on one map.

Else we need to ask if there there are maybe some really high poly models involved, or if the spawn rate is too high...

* with me it comes in "bursts" - things run fine for a while, then suddenly my frame rate drops slowly but surely to 0 and I have to back out to menu, wait a while, go back in... and wait for the next drop...  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blink.png[/img]/emoticons/blink@2x.png 2x" title="O.o" width="20" />

I have the new pine flora new flora and flax thing too.....seems better when I disable natural diversity although it crashes on exit each time. Not sure what to do now really

Quote:
2 hours ago, portiadavenport said:

when I disable natural diversity although it crashes on exit each time

Did you disable it in the middle of a game?

the NAT DIV and NECORA'S pine mod are must haves ,ESTHERHB. after that it depends on playstyle and tastes.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/13656-portiadavenport/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="13656" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/13656-portiadavenport/">@portiadavenport</a>[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  Hiya

Those load orders are as per the modders instructions, <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> has put together the load order specifically in a way that his mods will work with <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a>'s as well as <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14007-tanypredator/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="14007" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14007-tanypredator/">@tanypredator</a>'s, in regards to the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> & <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, these too are the way that <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> has specified that they need to be loaded, as he's written the code in such a way that one works with the other and so on.

Because of the way mods work, and the way modders have coded them (thanks guys [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" /> ) and the descriptions on the forums, I've pieced together the best fit for me for the rest of the mods and so far, no conflicts that cause any serious issues.  

For the most part, if you follow what the modders have in the release notes, you should be fine. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Unless otherwise specified, most new mods coming out now will be above <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> & <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, all start condition mods will be higher (if not highest) in your mod order (so, the NatDivPineFlax chains), aging, seasons, etc are all at the top etc etc ... 

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  Always ask on the forums if you get stuck, and definitely, if you're still unsure post in the modders topic, they will be more than happy to help you, and troubleshoot if needed [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Cheers [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

I'm aware of the fact that the current version of NatDiv might be a bit heavy for older systems. The next update will include quite some optimizations, so hopefully that will solve any lag issues for most of you. At the same time, it is a mod that aims to add more diversity and realism, so it's bound to still be a bit heavier than vanilla banished.