MM8 observations and questions

Quote:
18 minutes ago, Kristahfer said:

I find myself waiting close to 1-3/4 hours until I hear the music and can go to the main menu screen

gosh, i thought i was experiencing delays now that banished takes 3-4 minutes to load. my pc is a medium-low-end gaming rig, here's some of my speccy:

CPU

Intel Core i7 4790 @ 3.60GHz    37 °C

Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM

8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard

Acer Predator G3-605 (LGA1150)    38 °C

Graphics

1535MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (192-bit) (Sapphire/PCPartner)    42 °C

i think banished is light compared to my other building and sim games, it has never stressed my pc much, or taken long to load, or been slow to respond in-game. 

that's partly why i can't figure out what i did wrong to keep crashing...

Quote:
9 hours ago, estherhb said:

Choose the Community Toolbar (people holding hands) > RK (Red Ketchup) > Food (Apple) > either of the 2 tabs on the far right - one is brick, the other stone.

I mean that one what produced seedlings.

I'm wondering if that "one stop mine" would not have a conflict based on the fact that the old coal it produces is probably labelled as a "firewood" kind of thing like it was in the the vanilla game, and not like the custom coal produced in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.

Quote:
6 hours ago, Kristahfer said:

You have outdone yourself <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a>. Absolutely fantastic!

Now I will definitely have to get my computer upgraded. Before my system was slow in loading even with using the ALT + TAB trick to put Banished in the background when loading. Even with that trick I find myself waiting close to 1-3/4 hours until I hear the music and can go to the main menu screen with this version of <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>.

I will wait that time for this great compilation of work from so many great modders until I can afford to get more memory in my poor little computer. Once loaded every thing seems to run ok, only got to 10 years so far, with only minor delays.

Great work.

Have you tried running Banished using DX11? For some like me it speeds loading up - for others it doesn't work at all. But it's worth a try.

btw, RK stockpiles has been fully integrated in MM8, should be ?

Quote:
4 hours ago, Vrayna said:

if that "one stop mine" would not have a conflict based on the fact that the old coal it produces is probably labelled as a "firewood" kind of thing

sure, but how can it cause crashes if it isn't even enabled?  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

Quote:
1 hour ago, BuildHappy said:

sure, but how can it cause crashes if it isn't even enabled?  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

Oh, I wasn't specifically talking about those crashes, just in general, causing issues such as workers being confused about which stockpile the coal belongs on and what to do with it. Are you getting those crashes on all map sizes or only the extra large ones? Do you let trees grow near your town or clear-cut the area? Have you put roads in front of buildings like the Adventurer's one, to make sure nothing grow right in front of them and blocks the access points?

(Oh, and while I remember: the radius for gathering buildings is larger in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> than in vanilla game. Same for the herbalists'. They're roughly the same size as the hunting lodge, and I think that one might also be a little bit larger than the original.)

to have a larger radius doesnt mean necessairly better and at some point it is even worst.

if it would be you , personally working this you would start at north and you would going clockwise or counter, and you would gather totally everything on your way. but it is not like that the game works. the gatherer pick up a direction and go grab 1 thing, and then he goes totally the opposite quadrant and go grab 1 thing, and then it goes to another quadrant to pickup another thing. and he pass all his time to walk to another zone.

so if your radius is 20' tiles(40 diameter), he will go walk 28 tiles to pickup something, and then walk another 35 tiles... then another 17 tiles... 32 tiles...

and what if your have an extended radius ? 40' instead of 20 ??? he will go walk 56 tiles.. and walk 49 tiles.... walk another 59 tiles... and at the end, he gathered almost nothing!

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4627-desopl/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4627" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4627-desopl/">@DesoPL</a>

Red Ketchup's Greenhouses are part of his Garden Walls Utility mod and now produce a variety of food rather that seedlings.  In previous versions of <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, the seedlings were needed to "build" decorative trees and bushes, but that was changed back to Logs in MM8.  Seedlings were awfully nice trade items so I miss the old one too. The new ones are more beautiful models with his transparent glass.

Quote:
3 hours ago, estherhb said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4627-desopl/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4627" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4627-desopl/">@DesoPL</a>

Red Ketchup's Greenhouses are part of his Garden Walls Utility mod and now produce a variety of food rather that seedlings.  In previous versions of <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, the seedlings were needed to "build" decorative trees and bushes, but that was changed back to Logs in MM8.  Seedlings were awfully nice trade items so I miss the old one too. The new ones are more beautiful models with his transparent glass.

That's why i wonder if this old greenhouse will back. If not... Maybe add Adam & Eve with seedlings difficulty?