MM8 observations and questions

Thank you <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> for MegaMod, it is delicious.

I have been sorting through, learning where to find stuff with the community toolbar, exploring all the content that is either new to <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> or stuff I hadn't known about before... having a blast.

Also had a crash (cry) and don't understand why. A screen snip of my mod order is posted below. I had played with this map for 5 or 6 hours prior to the crash, so I'm at a loss to explain it. (Would attaching my crash.dmp file help? I certainly cannot read it...) I was not trying to build anything. I was going to click on kid1293's little bee hive to assign a worker, when the crash happened.

Other observations, are they related to MM8?

a) I built a library, assigned a worker, and no members joined (see image). No other libraries, churches, chapels, etc. This library was the first built on the map. Happiness is very high in the town, and a pink happiness radius is on the library, although I do not remember seeing this with MM7.

b) Minerals stockpile has lumber (see image).

c) I thought the magazine was gone, but finally found it inside forts in the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> themed sets submenu (see image). Also, it no longer requires building supplies to construct, yay!  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Thank you for all your work, and for any advice you can give.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_01/5a6d9f8f294da_modsall.thumb.JPG.8f28780fea196fe7687ee43273148587.JPG[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_01/library.thumb.JPG.3cc71462a48d11343385ab7e02526357.JPG[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_01/lumber.thumb.JPG.0012e8008e6652dfaa37b815b7535de0.JPG[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_01/magazine.thumb.JPG.6e3cce5510fff5a5e6152c784eb18561.JPG[/img]

When Banished was updated to version 1.0.7, lots of old mods no longer work well because they aren't properly using the new flags (think "categories").  Start by removing the mods that are included in MM8: Covering, South Africa Housing, Garden Walls Utility, and Medieval Town 2.04.1.0.6 (note that this mod isn't upgraded for Banished 1.0.7). 

Update Ridiculous Storage to v17 which is updated to work with Banished 1.0.7.

Instead of using Increased Resources Combined, use <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Increased Resources (go here). I found that my game kept crashing with the old mod, so Kralyerg created the new one and it works great for me.

You are using several other older mods that were not updated for Banished 1.0.7 and they may be causing the crashes. I would disable them and see if that stops the crashes. This includes Wildlife (for 1.0.4!), One Stop Mining (for 1.0.6).

Yes, the Magazine is now part of the Frontier Set - that was done when the separate mod was created.  We know about the problem with Lumber and it's fixed for the next release. Checked with Red Ketchup and Kralyerg - the Library no longer has a membership but yes, it increases happiness.

Where to find RedKetchup greenhouse building in MM8?

Choose the Community Toolbar (people holding hands) > RK (Red Ketchup) > Food (Apple) > either of the 2 tabs on the far right - one is brick, the other stone.

Quote:
7 hours ago, estherhb said:

Medieval Town 2.04.1.0.6 (note that this mod isn't upgraded for Banished 1.0.7). 

thank you as ever for your help and advice.

i made several changes based on your instructions, and am still crashing after 4+ hours of play.

some additional questions and observations, plus my newest mod list/order:

a) i updated ridiculous storage and increased <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr>, thanks for the info, sometimes stuff has newer versions faster than i'm aware...

b) i pulled Covering, South Africa Housing, Garden Walls Utility, not realizing before that they were in MM8. i had earlier pulled 25-30 items now included in MM8, and thought i got all my duplicates, but must have missed these.

c) can an out of date mod cause crashes if it is not enabled? in my previous list, Medieval Town 2.04.1.0.6 was not enabled. (i pulled it anyhow since it's in MM8)

d) for my newest list, i disabled one stop all mining and wildlife. i can let go of the mining one if i have to - altho' i don't think it is causing the problem. i am also what <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/1510-vrayna/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="1510" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/1510-vrayna/">@Vrayna</a> calls a serial restarter, so my mines likely won't run dry before i move on to my next town. but i would be sad to let go of wildlife, as it increases the radius of foresters, and agriculture and forestry are always the pillars of my towns. (this is also why i use iron is iron, as it is the way vanilla banished handles iron, and i much prefer farms and foresters to forges and smelters...) but again, i don't think this is causing the problem. wildlife and one stop mining have never conflicted (for me) with any previous version of Colonial Charter or MegaMod. this might not always stay true, depending on what is added to MegaMod in future, but i have not been able to find any newer or better radius increasing mods. ( i have looked a lot...) can it be possible that if neither Colonial Charter nor MegaMod contain any radius increasing elements, that maybe wildlife has nothing to conflict with...? that would be wonderful

e) when my game crashed this time, i was doing the exact same thing i was doing when it crashed last night: trying to click on the tiny bee keeper to assign a worker to it. i have no idea if this is a coincidence, or if there is an issue with this <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5782-kid1293/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5782" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5782-kid1293/">@kid1293</a> item, but i will start a new game and debug some buildings including this one to see if i can reproduce the crash.

if it turns out the crashes happen for me every time i use this bee keeper, i will just not use it. there's another small bee stand, i think in <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a>'s small village menu...? that i like just fine. (backyard bees make me very happy, so a small building is welcome.) 

thanks to all for any advice or suggestions.

p.s.

i hopped out to start banished just long enough to capture a screen snip, and lo, the crash happened again, exactly when i tried to click on kid1293's beekeeper to assign a worker. that's 3 times in a row, i am strongly starting to suspect this little workstation isn't going to be possible in my towns... i enjoy kid1293's things very much, and use his "themed mods" "build a workplace" items a LOT.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_01/5a6e72077b856_newestmodlist.thumb.JPG.e465c2641ae3a4487bb3e04615ec3445.JPG[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_01/5a6e720e1b0a3_beecrash.thumb.JPG.3f09d18d89aa83b6b1300f7e98309e07.JPG[/img]

Quote:
16 minutes ago, BuildHappy said:

disabled one stop all mining

Does this mod create a new Mine/Quarry toolbar icon, or does it change the original Mine/Quarry?

Quote:
18 minutes ago, BuildHappy said:

and wildlife

I've never used it, but this one seems like it should be fine.

Quote:
19 minutes ago, BuildHappy said:

tiny bee keeper

That's my fault.  It'll be fixed in the next version.

Quote:
8 minutes ago, Kralyerg said:

Does this mod create a new Mine/Quarry toolbar icon, or does it change the original Mine/Quarry?

one stop all mining has its own icon on the main mine menu (see image), and has never "tucked into" other submenus. in game, it's called "multi mine." i don't really need a mine that never runs out, but i do love a mine that produces iron, stone and coal simultaneously, as this does. i found it a long time ago on steam, by xax, who has clearly stated he is done with banished and banished modding, but he posted his source code on nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/banished/mods/47?

i am happy to hear the radius increaser, wildlife, might not be problematic. it was never an issue before, maybe i'm lucky and it isn't going to be... thanks.

i like the little beekeeper, i think the small stand model comes from kid1293's bigger beekeeper that has a few apple trees (see image) but if it is broken now, that's okay. thank you very much for helping me narrow down the cause of my crashes. i was able to crash again 2 more times, both with that beekeeper. now i will just refrain from using it.

thank you for all your generosity and work, i love Colonial Charter, and MegaMod is dreamy!  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

i'm going to go play more!

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_01/5a6e7cfe5057b_xaxonestop.thumb.JPG.c7068acb67a4f7cb8a6a6f9f67ff04f1.JPG[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_01/5a6e7d04589a7_beekeepermodel.thumb.JPG.5f9325eb67f323c5a39406f7b54d4921.JPG[/img]

Quote:
28 minutes ago, BuildHappy said:

one stop all mining has its own icon on the main mine menu

Then this should be fine, too.

You have outdone yourself <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a>. Absolutely fantastic!

Now I will definitely have to get my computer upgraded. Before my system was slow in loading even with using the ALT + TAB trick to put Banished in the background when loading. Even with that trick I find myself waiting close to 1-3/4 hours until I hear the music and can go to the main menu screen with this version of <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>.

I will wait that time for this great compilation of work from so many great modders until I can afford to get more memory in my poor little computer. Once loaded every thing seems to run ok, only got to 10 years so far, with only minor delays.

Great work.

ugh, not using beekeeper or any honey production at the moment. nothing changed or new in mod order. still crashing.

time to stop trying for a bit, i guess. 

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />