MegaMod 8 Beta 2 Discussion / Bug Reports

Quote:
1 hour ago, phyllidadavenport said:

There seems to be an issue with the new starting conditions Peak Plains Peak Valley Harsh Plateau etc

If I send labourers out to get stone or lumber, they become homeless !! Took me a while of continually building homes thinking I needed them before I realised that people were becoming homeless when working and houses were standing empty until they came back after collecting stone etc. Frustrating! And it seems there's always 1 child wandering around homeless no matter what I do

Sorry I can't remember who modded these new lands & conditions

Starting conditions tell the game what the map should look like, they do not contain code that would cause anyone to become homeless.  Sounds like you may be sending your people too far away to collect stone or logs.  Children become homeless when the parent they followed becomes homeless. A picture would help.

Vrayna has a good question re One Year is One Year. It's one of the mods that can cause this sort of problem.

Discrepancy > DS Stone Bridge >  Stone Bridge Tiny Underhouse

seems to be possibly causing a CTD after a save, quit, and load of the map. I reloaded with no issue from a save before adding the structure. 

Quote:
1 hour ago, SoulBlythe said:

Discrepancy > DS Stone Bridge >  Stone Bridge Tiny Underhouse

seems to be possibly causing a CTD after a save, quit, and load of the map. I reloaded with no issue from a save before adding the structure. 

Thanks for pointing this out. Kralyerg will take a look at the code and fix this in the next beta.

Hi, I am unable to build Blast Furnace from DS Mods (Big building to create fuel, located beside coke oven in building chart). I don't have anything else iinstalled except megamod 8 beta2. When I try to build it, builders won't come near site to build it, even though I have sufficient resource to build it. I tried debug mode zero build cost and it still won't build.

this is odd. I removed all mods except for MM8 beta 2 and inedible grains/meat/fruits. Are there any sources that produce oats automatically?

I only have one crop so far, which is corn but my inventory shows over 10k of oats...

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_02/oats.png.5f187af777028244a563782e546e5378.png[/img]

Quote:
2 hours ago, Tamras said:

this is odd. I removed all mods except for MM8 beta 2 and inedible grains/meat/fruits. Are there any sources that produce oats automatically?

I only have one crop so far, which is corn but my inventory shows over 10k of oats...

Someone please correct me if I am wrong; but one or a few of the mods within offer flax and oats as part of the wild growth picked up from gathers and clearing resources.

Looks like someone already bring you about Blast Furnace bug, so here is another bug report. Tin Ore shaft is indestructible. Once you remove it, it will leave permanent left over mark, and you can't build anything over it. Not even flatten tool work.

Quote:
11 hours ago, SoulBlythe said:

Someone please correct me if I am wrong; but one or a few of the mods within offer flax and oats as part of the wild growth picked up from gathers and clearing resources.

I think you are right. I disabled the gatherer and the oats count stop growing. 

Quote:
13 hours ago, WNovizar said:

Looks like someone already bring you about Blast Furnace bug, so here is another bug report. Tin Ore shaft is indestructible. Once you remove it, it will leave permanent left over mark, and you can't build anything over it. Not even flatten tool work.

Level One of the Tin Ore (and Copper Ore) Shaft is indestructible by design, and not a bug.  You have to upgrade the mine at least once to make it removable.   This is how it's been in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> since it was introduced.  The tool tip for the mine shafts does state this as does the Wiki.

Quote:
10 hours ago, Tamras said:

I think you are right. I disabled the gatherer and the oats count stop growing. 

What year are you in? Just wondering how long it took to gather 11,000+ oats.