MegaMod 8 Beta 2 Discussion / Bug Reports

Quote:
58 minutes ago, Kralyerg said:

Yep.  The Gothic Farm Jam House has a bug.  Fixed for the next update.

Awesome! Would you like me to try and get screenshots/more info or do you think it is already taken care of?

Edit: Wonderful.

Quote:
1 minute ago, burl said:

do you think it is already taken care of

I already fixed the bug, so in the next update it will be good.

**REDACTED**

I edited this while Kralyerg was answering me and hit enter AROUND the same time he replied...

Quote:
2 minutes ago, libererchoisi said:

My lumber is not registering under the Construction limit.

Are you sure you're using Beta 2?  And if yes, did you start this game with Beta 1 and upgraded to Beta 2?  Everything looks fine in the code now, so I'm not sure why it would still be off.

Hey Kralyerg,

Yeah, I think I didn't download the beta 2 like a bad person...Sorry!

I'm using the Mega Mod 8 beta 2 and maritime trees, no smoke and one year is one year mods. My next forester I built did the same thing I reported in my post above.

Now I have just built a <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> stone bridge. The laborers walked right through the main river to place the stone supplies at the far end of the bridge instead of the correct near end. One of the laborers got stuck on the other side of the river with no way back. Well, there was a way back if he just would walk right through the river like he did to get there. This laborer, Hann, then proceeded to drop and pick up his tool about a hundred times. Then he wandered around until he froze to death. I'm not sure if this a bug related to the beta but I have never had either of these two things happen before.

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about the issues you are having.   Every Forester you build using Beta 2 will do the same thing; it has been fixed in the next release. 

I tried the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> stone bridge and Laborers and Builders all did their jobs from the far shore. At times one or more would temporarily become homeless, but moved back into a home after they waded the river toward home.  I've never seen this before either. I didn't have the other issues you describe, but it doesn't mean it wouldn't happen if I keep trying it.  Kralyerg will fix this for the next release.

Just an FYI - some people have reported issues using One Year is One Year. In answer to a post regarding issues that could be caused with that mod, Vrayna recommended using the RealTimeAging mod found here

Thank you very much estherhb. I will look into the mod you recommend.

Quote:
23 hours ago, SiriusChill said:

One of the laborers got stuck on the other side of the river with no way back. Well, there was a way back if he just would walk right through the river like he did to get there.

Isn't this a default game mechanic?

When you command someone to cross a river/stream they have one "walk on water" card so that they can build things like bridges. I could be wrong...

Quote:
1 hour ago, burl said:

Isn't this a default game mechanic?

When you command someone to cross a river/stream they have one "walk on water" card so that they can build things like bridges. I could be wrong...

Apparently not. This problem happens all the time when building Dock pieces. You can ask them to build a Reed Farm just off shore and they will; when it's finished the workers sometimes just stand on the Reed Farm and can't make it across the small amount of water. The Homeless sign appears over their heads and if you don't hurry and have someone build a dock out to the farm, they starve!  When I tried the Stone Bridge, my workers made it back, but they became homeless for a few seconds while they were on the other side of the bridge!

According to Kralyerg, this "anomaly" has occurred since Shock Puppet first created it and he can't figure out a way to fix it. Guess I'm not very observant.