MegaMod 8 RC2 Discussion / Bug Reports

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6315-sabouma/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6315" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6315-sabouma/">@Sabouma</a> The flowers are part of Red Ketchup's Perfume chain; they should not affect the growth of herbs or items collected by gatherers.  As noted above in the list of known issues:

<ul style="color:#272a34;">[*]
Issue: No way to force laborers to gather Flowers for the Florest / flowers taking over town

[*]
Status: Fixed. Added Flowers to the "Collect Wild Foods" tool. New smaller models and decreased spawn rate will be introduced but may require new town so this fix may be delayed.

</ul>

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a> I really like the current spawn rate of flowers. They add really nice color to the areas. I have added a florist to the areas to collect the flowers and it works very well. I have found that the DSViking Storage will not store the collected flowers however it will store the perfume. The vanilla barn will store the flowers but not the perfume. Guess it has something to do with the flags. Have not tested other storage types.

Quote:
22 hours ago, TuffDwarf said:

I am only using 4 mods, unless you count MegaMod as 3.  In order they are Slightly Ridiculous Storage, 1.0.7 Compatibility Mod, Banished UI: Maps and MegaMod 8 RC2.  I checked my build and if 170910 is current, then that's ok.

Banished UI: Maps 1.2 is included in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, so it's not really needed.

And 1.0.7 Compatibility isn't needed for MM8 because <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> is now made with 1.0.7.  It was just the 1.0.6 mods that need the compatibility mod.

Hi Kralyerg,

you have ....

Status: Fixed for the next release.  <- does this mean in RC3 ?

Please don't wait too long with RC3 (with fixed bugs) , there will never be an end with new mods, but it's already great as it is.

I love your idea to build this mega mod !!!

Is there a chance that you update the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> help with mod items ?

If you don't play every day it's usefull.

Hi there!

Gotta little questions.

It seems like the quays disappeared. Or I can't find'em?

If they still are included in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, can someone point'em to me?

EDIT : Forget that, I placed the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> parts in the wrong order. Now I got the quays. :v

Concerning the terrains, I seem to be unable to get something else than the classic Banished soils. No sand, no special thing. Even when I select things like "caldera" and "arid".

Any idea what could do wrong?

Thanks a lot, and congrats on your amazing job, modders!

Quote:
6 hours ago, SlowFun said:

Status: Fixed for the next release.  <- does this mean in RC3 ?

They both mean the same thing.  RC3.

Quote:
2 hours ago, schopferkraft said:

Concerning the terrains, I seem to be unable to get something else than the classic Banished soils. No sand, no special thing. Even when I select things like "caldera" and "arid".

Any idea what could do wrong?

Where are you getting the Caldera and Arid selections from, they're not in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>?  The look of the ground is decided by the Terrain you select.  If you're getting Terrain options from another mod by putting it on top, it overrides <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> and you can't get the terrain options of <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>.

Quote:
On 3/3/2018 at 10:23 AM, Kristahfer said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a> I really like the current spawn rate of flowers. They add really nice color to the areas. I have added a florist to the areas to collect the flowers and it works very well. I have found that the DSViking Storage will not store the collected flowers however it will store the perfume. The vanilla barn will store the flowers but not the perfume. Guess it has something to do with the flags. Have not tested other storage types.

Each modder specifies which Flags a storage area can handle. In <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> regular stockpiles store Construction, Fuel, Industrial Fuel, Iron, Logs, Minerals, Raw Materials and Stone; regular barns store Food, Clothing, Crafted, Fabrics, Forged, Health, Misc., Precious and Textiles. The only thing left, Luxuries, is stored in Taverns.  In MM8, Perfume is a Luxury so you can store it in a <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Tavern.  I'm not sure of the Flag for Flowers - maybe Misc(?) - but it is stored in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>'s barns.

DSViking Storage was made by Discrepancy who specified that it will store Luxuries but did not list the Flag used for Flowers. 

Quote:
On 3/2/2018 at 8:00 PM, TuffDwarf said:

Anyway, the bug, if it is one, shows up irregularly when I try to build something. The ground doesn't get totally cleared at the spot designated even though the Bannies cut it all down .. usually it looks to be either reeds or bamboo lying there and nothing I can do will get it removed until the game itself poofs it away which can take a couple of seasons.  And which can be maddening if you need the building!  Should I be clearing the land first? 

This isn't normal. Note that Reeds and Bamboo are Misc. items that need to be stored in a barn. If your Misc. limit needs to be raised, I wonder if that could be why Laborers are waiting to take it away; or there might not be room in a barn. Most of the other items that are cleared are either Logs or food - different limit. I would like to try to reproduce the problem. What Map type and map are you using?  Do you have a picture? 

Does Hot Crops compatible with Megamod 8 RC2? I saw that Hot Crops was made for <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.6, so I wonder if there is no additional crops since then. Also, is there anyway I can buy rough gemstones?