MegaMod 8 RC2 Discussion / Bug Reports

MegaMod 8 Release Candidate 2 Discussion.

Here's a short list of the known bugs. If it's listed here, you don' need to post about it. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  New entries will be placed at the top of the list.

• Issue: Urban Wood Cutter crashes when clicked on.

• Issue: RK's Colorful Two-Story House too dark

• Issue: Duplicate icons for Kids Garden Workplace

• Issue: Clicking on the Decorations -> Build Your Own Canal toolbar causes a crash.

• Issue: Wagon Workshop isn't on the regular toolbar but is doubled in the community toolbar.

• Issue: Florist has no Limit box.

• Issue: No way to force laborers to gather Flowers for the Florest / flowers taking over town

• Status: Fixed. Added Flowers to the "Collect Wild Foods" tool. New smaller models and decreased spawn rate will be introduced but may require new town so this fix may be delayed.

• Issue: Missing Seed name at Trading Post.

• Issue: Blank option at Trading Post order screen.

• Issue: Couple of missing icons in the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Fences toolbar.

• Issue: Kid's WorkPlace Preservist is doubled in the Community Toolbar and absent in the regular toolbar.

• Issue: Kid's Decorative Plants is doubled in the Community Toolbar and absent in the regular toolbar.

@ Kralyerg[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" /> Hello . I do not know if this is a mistake, but I noticed something, I have a question?

1. In "Florist -Rk" - there is no window of limit

2. "Florist" - I do not know what is the limit: Food ?, Construction ?, Textiles?, Crafted?, Luxuries? - only the arrow is displayed - the limit has been exceeded

3. Is it possible to get rid of excess flowers on the meadow - using a quick tool, such as "Gathering" or "Wild Food" - could the gatherers collect excess flowers? - without putting up the "Florist" building ??? Regards[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dry.png[/img]/emoticons/dry@2x.png 2x" title="¬¬" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_02/5a93f25d9ced7_Florist-RK.thumb.jpg.0ee4758a874ecee4b4a7b932544c373a.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_02/5a93f2686f787_Florist1-RK.thumb.jpg.74b6dd039d72f03c9fc3e1af61ba0ca4.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_02/5a93f276b6690_Meadow-Lea.thumb.jpg.3c97cf323f021c2e1c804b7aa9729612.jpg[/img]

Hi Mr Kralyerg, I have downloaded all the 3 .pkm files, but I don't know what is my mistake. When I tried to use it, all the mods are not compatible to each other. I mean, if I click Megamod1, the other two will be red colored. How is it?

it is normal that mods are red colored between them. Red colored doesnt mean at all "incompatible" it means they are working together and exchange data between them.

Is this release compatible with RC1?

Hello Krarlyerg,

I don't know what goes wrong with <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> RC1, however after ~ 5 hours of play I keep getting a crash (random acces violation). The 5 hours is with saves and opening them again later, so totally ~5 hours.

To narrow it down, this is my situation:

- Started a city with only roads, houses (<abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr>), Canals with fish docks, storage and traders (with fix, works), basic production (gatherer, forester, hunter, etc.), RK claychain and basic barns and thats it.

- Population ~500 

- Game went fine until I added a shorehouse (<abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr> version).

- Tried both DX9 and DX11; same crash.

- Also applied a registry cleanup as per Paeng's instructions

- Mods in order:

• Ridiculous storage (newest)

• Hotcrops (is for 1.06)

• NatDiv

• Canalfix

• Necora patches

• <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> RC1

• missing mods from Necora, Kid and EMBX not in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> RC1

This is the second city with MMRC1 and my mods that created this exact situation (after ~5 hours of play a crash). 

What am I not seeing...

Quote:
2 hours ago, WNovizar said:

Is this release compatible with RC1?

It should be. However, if you have built something that is "bugged" in RC1, RC2 will not fix it. You will have to delete it and then rebuild it.  If it doesn't work for you, let us know.

Quote:
1 hour ago, deddo said:

Hello Krarlyerg,

I don't know what goes wrong with <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> RC1, however after ~ 5 hours of play I keep getting a crash (random acces violation). The 5 hours is with saves and opening them again later, so totally ~5 hours.

To narrow it down, this is my situation:

- Started a city with only roads, houses (<abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr>), Canals with fish docks, storage and traders (with fix, works), basic production (gatherer, forester, hunter, etc.), RK claychain and basic barns and thats it.

- Population ~500 

- Game went fine until I added a shorehouse (<abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr> version).

- Tried both DX9 and DX11; same crash.

- Also applied a registry cleanup as per Paeng's instructions

- Mods in order:

• Ridiculous storage (newest)

• Hotcrops (is for 1.06)

• NatDiv

• Canalfix

• Necora patches

• <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> RC1

• missing mods from Necora, Kid and EMBX not in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> RC1

This is the second city with MMRC1 and my mods that created this exact situation (after ~5 hours of play a crash). 

What am I not seeing...

One of the reasons Kralyerg puts MegaMod together is to make sure all of those mods are working well together.  When you add other mods, there's no way to tell which mod is causing problems. I only have MM8 RC2 loaded, using a new map. When I build a <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Shorehouse, I don't experience any crashes so I'm not sure that's what is causing yours. You'll need to determine which mod is creating the issue and the only way to do that is to start with one, adding each separately. 

Anyone having slow load for first time run?.. Everything extracted correctly, run order correct, closed, restarted, tiny footprint easy setup, and now I'm in a Loading time warp.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_02/5a94791831f01_2018-02-2615_15_21.thumb.jpg.29c2b4b4cf7b00ce3c1fbee79623c7a3.jpg[/img]

You could try changing from DX9 to DX11 or the other way. For some, DX11 doesn't work at all and for others it really speeds up loading the game.