MegaMod 8 RC3 Discussion / Bug Reports

It says it's supposed to include 300 food, 3 clothes, 3 tools, 2 leather and 20 Firewood too!  Somewhere on their way to being banished, they must have used it all up.  We'll try to find out what happened to it. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

In the Druidic toolbar, a mod from red ketchup, you have 4 extra icons for the hunter cabin. But the cabin is replaced with flowers/plants .

Quote:
3 hours ago, wisco said:

4 extra icons for the hunter cabin

Because that's exactly how it originally came.

Druidic is an unfinished mod set, so not everything was complete.

Quote:
On 3/21/2018 at 11:02 PM, estherhb said:

Here's what should happen. Please let me know the exact wording of any error messages you receive at any point:

When you download MM8 RC3, Your system will probably tell you that the file is too large to check for viruses. Download anyway.  It takes a while for the file to download. The file, which is a WinRAR file, should be 1,370,659 KB when it finishes downloading. 

My 7-Zip is dated 2018-01-28 and is the 64 bit version. To extract, right click on the RAR file (which for me is in my Downloads folder, and choose "Extract files . . .". I choose my Banished > WinData folder as the destination.  When it is finished, I verify that all 4 files are extracted and placed in my Banished WinData folder

When extracted, you should get 4 files:

• MegaMod 1 is  a .pkm file and is 1,730,131 KB

• MegaMod 2 is a .pkm file and is 1,810,779 KB

• MegaMod 3 is a .pkm file and is 1,028,965 KB

• Mods Included in MM8 RC3 is an Adobe Acrobat Document and is 56 KB

When I tried 7-Zip I got "Cannot determine correct stream type?" and the problem is that I cannot extract anything from the folder. Is there maybe another download mirror or the files zipped in another format

Quote:
On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:44 AM, estherhb said:

Both Kralyerg and I have tried duplicating this issue; however our Trade Beef Cows and Trade Deer produce more of the same.  Are you using any other mods than MegaMod 8 - RC3? Are you using Banished 1.0.7?  Could you send a picture with the Town Hall Inventory List and the Production windows for the two pastures open?  That might help us figure this out.

I am using Busy Pastures.

I did the test and I had confirm that it was Busy Pastures that was causing the problem.

Sorry for the confusion.

Community Toolbar, Kid, Themed Sets: His "Build a Tiny Row House" appears individually, and also under the Row Houses icon.

Quote:
9 hours ago, Feneris said:

When I tried 7-Zip I got "Cannot determine correct stream type?" and the problem is that I cannot extract anything from the folder. Is there maybe another download mirror or the files zipped in another format

This isn't an error message I recognize so I looked on the web. The only thing I found that might apply would be if you are using a browser other than Chrome or Explorer?  Other than that, I don't have a solution. 

Is it possible to change the balance of the game within this mod ?

I like it to build my villages without looking how i can survive, with easy settings.

But this is a survival game and with hard settings it could be a little more difficult.

My village has 800 citizens. All the effords (fields, trading ....) to get enough food is ok.

But tools and clothes is too easy (and all the other things does'nt really mater).

Both should need more ressources and buildings to get enough ......

And no clothes should have more negative consequences (like no tools).

And luxury and the other stuff should get mor importance .....................

But thanks for this mod, i like it very much !

Quote:
43 minutes ago, SlowFun said:

Is it possible to change the balance of the game within this mod.

But this is a survival game and with hard settings it could be a little more difficult.

My village has 800 citizens. All the effords (fields, trading ....) to get enough food is ok.

But tools and clothes is too easy (and all the other things does'nt really mater).

The first thing you must understand is that this mod is a collection of most of the mods created for Banished, and by definition makes it easier to play. What has been done is to make the different mods compatible, not change how they work, ie production chains, work required or building costs. 

There are several starting conditions that make the game harder, but it is not possible to alter many of the functions you mention without changing every mod included, and that is not the purpose of this mod. It is also not possible to change certain functions as the modders don't have access to many of them. You can play around with several options to create your own challenge, climate, map size, map type. In some cases this can create very difficult games. 

There is a tendency to want mod designers to do everything for the players, but I think most challenges can come from the player. With a bit of imagination you can make the game harder, simply by not using certain functions, like trading, or omitting certain production chains. Why not a prohibition mod, no alcohol, or no buying of seeds. You can also create a culture where certain restrictions apply, field size, no schools, no churches, no nomads. Just because its included doesn't  mean you need to use it. This can apply even more to this mod which is a collection of almost everything under the sun. You can also use time as a challenge, have the type of tools you use depend on how old your village is, gradually introduce modded buildings, an production chains, or game functions.

There are historical examples of societies that have failed simply for keeping with the old ways, rather than adapt to new survival strategies, a well known example is the vikings of Greenland. If you look you can find others, like the early years of colonies like Jamestown. 

I have read that The North, includes many challenges that can make the game very difficult. It is not included in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, because its changes as so different from many other mods that it would have to be completely redone, and that is not the purpose, nor intent of this mod. Those changes as so extensive that it is difficult to use with most other mods, not just <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, or <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>. You can find it Here.

Hope this helps.[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
22 hours ago, Feneris said:

Kralyerg is working on a Zip file for you. It will be almost 2x the size of the Rar file. Will post a link when it's done.