MegaMod 8 RC3 Discussion / Bug Reports

For MegaMod 8 RC3 Discussions.

<p style="color:#272a34;">
Here's a short list of the known bugs. If it's listed here, you don' need to post about it. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  New entries will be placed at the top of the list.

<ul style="color:#272a34;">[*]
Issue:  The Stable that produces Domesticated Animals (KKKK version) is using the wrong flag

[*]

</ul>

Issue: Medieval Salt Mine using wrong flag (textile)

[*]

</ul>

Issue:  Ghost Trees: 3rd tree from left (one of the Town Pines) cannot be deleted

[*]

</ul>

Issue:  Kid1293's Medieval Grace Monastery does not take on students. 

[*]

</ul>

Issue: Re kid1293's Stone Addon - Some of the pieces of the multi floor house do not align.

[*]

</ul>

Issue: Embx61's Bakery not taking on Sugar so can't make Sugar Cookies.

[*]

</ul>

Issue:  Game, using DSSV starts, sometimes crashes when orchards, crop fields or pastures selected.

[*]

</ul>

Issue:  Trade Deer and Trade Beef Cows are producing Trade Horses

[*]
Status:  Caused by using Busy Pastures Mod which has now been fixed to stop that error.

</ul>

Issue: The Stranded with Seeds start does not have a cart with initial supplies.

[*]

</ul>

Issue:  The Small Crafted Barn - Crafted is misspelled

[*]

</ul>

Issue:  Kid's Forest Outpost Workshop is not taking on Flax to make Linen Clothing 

[*]

</ul>

Issue: RK's Choo-Choo is not accepting Coins

[*]

</ul>

Issue: Duplicate tabs for Wintin's End of Roads

[*]

</ul>

Issue:  Two vanilla Woodcutters under Fuel Production

[*]

</ul>

Issue:  Canal Bridge need to fix appearance

[*]

</ul>

Issue:  Angel Statue has voids

[*]
Status: May not be able to repair; may need to leave it out of next release

</ul>

Issue:  Kid1293's Fish Farm only in Community Toolbar

[*]

</ul>

Issue:  Trade Horses will not leave Trading Post

[*]
Status:  Cannot duplicate issue; Trade Horses moved to Pasture when we tried it

</ul>

Save compatibilities from RC2?

Most likely.  The things that have been changed or fixed in the latest update will still be unfixed in your game until you rebuild them.  But it should be fine.

Thanks for update

Hi! I've tested the new RC3 and found a problem with RK - ChooChoo Trains, they are not accepting coins, a worker gathers coins from the market tries to deliver them to the train, but returns the coins back to the market. Maybe something related with storage flags of the trains since coins have a different flag (precious) in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> than in the original mod.

(this was also the case in RC2 - build new station and new train for RC3 test)

Thx.

Yay, update! Thanks a lot first of all.

Wanted to let you guys know that somehow it takes a lot longer for the game to start now with <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> RC3 than it did bevore with RC2. At least for me. I know that loading times were discussed before and that it will just take some good amount of time to start up and get to the main menu but I'm just wondering. While RC2 took me like, let's say 1-2 minutes, RC3 now takes at least 3 times as much time to start up. 

EDIT: And I also just noticed that the over all performance is way worse than before now [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" /> I loaded my old save I made with RC2 and now with RC3, if I zoom out a bit, frame rate starts to drop to like 10-15 FPS, while before this had little to no impact

Quote:
On 3/19/2018 at 5:06 AM, paulojl said:

Hi! I've tested the new RC3 and found a problem with RK - ChooChoo Trains, they are not accepting coins, a worker gathers coins from the market tries to deliver them to the train, but returns the coins back to the market. Maybe something related with storage flags of the trains since coins have a different flag (precious) in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> than in the original mod.

(this was also the case in RC2 - build new station and new train for RC3 test)

Thx.

We'll be sure to fix this for the next release. Please continue to tell us  of any other issues you find so we can fix those too.

Quote:
35 minutes ago, Wolf64 said:

Yay, update! Thanks a lot first of all.

Wanted to let you guys know that somehow it takes a lot longer for the game to start now with <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> RC3 than it did bevore with RC2. At least for me. I know that loading times were discussed before and that it will just take some good amount of time to start up and get to the main menu but I'm just wondering. While RC2 took me like, let's say 1-2 minutes, RC3 now takes at least 3 times as much time to start up. 

EDIT: And I also just noticed that the over all performance is way worse than before now [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" /> I loaded my old save I made with RC2 and now with RC3, if I zoom out a bit, frame rate starts to drop to like 10-15 FPS, while before this had little to no impact

Not sure why it's taking so much longer to load.  Not that much was added to this release.  Are you using DX11? For some people this fixes the problem; for others it makes it worse. I found that it makes load time much shorter.  I've also found that if I have a crash, it may revert back to DX9 again and I need to reset it.

For me game now work much better and faster then in RC 2 version im using old save.

And new flowers are much much better now 

Quote:
1 hour ago, estherhb said:

Not sure why it's taking so much longer to load.  Not that much was added to this release.  Are you using DX11? For some people this fixes the problem; for others it makes it worse. I found that it makes load time much shorter.  I've also found that if I have a crash, it may revert back to DX9 again and I need to reset it.

Aw crap, you're right! Didn't think of that actually, it really did reset back to DX9, so switching back to DX11 did the trick both for loading times and frame rate. 

So now everything is back to normal, thanks [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />