MegaMod 8 RC3 Discussion / Bug Reports

Quote:
3 hours ago, Feneris said:

I've tried downloading the latest version and all I keep getting is a file that's buggy and won't unzip

You may need to upgrade your extraction program (like 7-zip) for it to work because (I've heard) WinZIP made some changes to their program that makes the .rar files.

Quote:
1 hour ago, estherhb said:

You may need to upgrade your extraction program (like 7-zip) for it to work because (I've heard) WinZIP made some changes to their program that makes the .rar files.

I thought of that. But I've tried three different programs with the same result.

Have you tried 7-zip? It's what use and I haven't had any issues downloading MM8. It's free btw.

(I'm assuming that you are using Banished 1.0.7?  I thought I better ask even though it's unlikely that you're using a previous version.)

Quote:
5 hours ago, paulojl said:

Pastures growing Trade Beef Cows and Trade Deer are producing Trade Horses

Both Kralyerg and I have tried duplicating this issue; however our Trade Beef Cows and Trade Deer produce more of the same.  Are you using any other mods than MegaMod 8 - RC3? Are you using Banished 1.0.7?  Could you send a picture with the Town Hall Inventory List and the Production windows for the two pastures open?  That might help us figure this out.

Quote:
46 minutes ago, estherhb said:

Have you tried 7-zip? It's what use and I haven't had any issues downloading MM8. It's free btw.

(I'm assuming that you are using Banished 1.0.7?  I thought I better ask even though it's unlikely that you're using a previous version.)

Yeah on both counts. I can't figure out what's going on. I've tried redownloading three times and using different unzipers but I just keep getting errors?

Here's what should happen. Please let me know the exact wording of any error messages you receive at any point:

When you download MM8 RC3, Your system will probably tell you that the file is too large to check for viruses. Download anyway.  It takes a while for the file to download. The file, which is a WinRAR file, should be 1,370,659 KB when it finishes downloading. 

My 7-Zip is dated 2018-01-28 and is the 64 bit version. To extract, right click on the RAR file (which for me is in my Downloads folder, and choose "Extract files . . .". I choose my Banished > WinData folder as the destination.  When it is finished, I verify that all 4 files are extracted and placed in my Banished WinData folder

When extracted, you should get 4 files:

• MegaMod 1 is  a .pkm file and is 1,730,131 KB

• MegaMod 2 is a .pkm file and is 1,810,779 KB

• MegaMod 3 is a .pkm file and is 1,028,965 KB

• Mods Included in MM8 RC3 is an Adobe Acrobat Document and is 56 KB

Here's a tiny mistake I just found, dunno if you're already aware of that, anyway it's just a li'l typo:

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_03/typo.png.e2eeaf1c1353492508b499df50a08c0c.png[/img]

First, love Love LOVE all y'all's work!

I'm having a problem with the starting condition Stranded with Seeds. I've tried multiple times with different maps, terrain types and sizes, but still have no stuff (food, tools, etc.) I just tried to start a new game to see if I actually had seeds since I forgot to check that as I was focused on the lack of tools, but I had to use task manager to shut it down after 15 minutes. That might be my issue, though, and not a bug. I'm only reporting consistent lack of starting supplies. Thanks for looking into this!

I tried this start. I checked for crop seeds by placing a small crop field and a small orchard in the cleared area - I had 2 crop seeds and 1 orchard seed. However there wasn't a storage cart - so no food, tools, clothing, firewood or leather.  I'll let Kralyerg know that the cart is missing.

Quote:
3 hours ago, estherhb said:

I tried this start. I checked for crop seeds by placing a small crop field and a small orchard in the cleared area - I had 2 crop seeds and 1 orchard seed. However there wasn't a storage cart - so no food, tools, clothing, firewood or leather.  I'll let Kralyerg know that the cart is missing.

I assumed that was supposed to be the starting condition.  Seeds and nothing else.  If you want a challenge, this is your starting condition!