MegaMod 8 RC3 Discussion / Bug Reports

Quote:
4 hours ago, Ketchup said:

i dont have really much "flowers in forest preventing food to spawn"

So, here's the nitty gritty details.

I did implement the flowers slightly differently than you did.

From what I can tell, you set the NaturalResourceGrass in the starting condition, so that it spawns at the start of the game. Then this Grass will spawn the Flowers.  (There's also the Fodder Farmer that grows grass which will spawn flowers, but I think you removed this guy in RKEC.)  You mentioned in your post that your trees will spawn the Grass, but I didn't see that code anywhere.

I did tell the trees to spawn the Flowers directly.  I did this because I didn't put the Grass in the starting condition.  But since the flowers weren't designed for being wild spawns, they're acting up.

No one is mistaking Grass for Flowers.  It's just that the Flowers are autoseeding very quickly, and they never die.

It looks totally amazing!

Quote:
3 hours ago, Kralyerg said:

From what I can tell, you set the NaturalResourceGrass in the starting condition, so that it spawns at the start of the game. Then this Grass will spawn the Flowers. 

You mentioned in your post that your trees will spawn the Grass, but I didn't see that code anywhere.

oh yeah right, trees are spawning herbs, not my grass ^^ (in french, grass and herbs are totally the exact same thing lol ^^)

the fact i ve  set the NaturalResourceGrass in the starting condition and you dont, you get a totally different result.

My bad !! my "Milles excuses" mon Ami !

---------------------

btw <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/10398-ihmislehma/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="10398" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/10398-ihmislehma/">@Ihmislehma</a> i love so much your picture !!!! thats really paradise in every map [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
5 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

oh yeah right, trees are spawning herbs, not my grass ^^ (in french, grass and herbs are totally the exact same thing lol ^^)

the fact i ve  set the NaturalResourceGrass in the starting condition and you dont, you get a totally different result.

My bad !! my "Milles excuses" mon Ami !

---------------------

btw <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/10398-ihmislehma/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="10398" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/10398-ihmislehma/">@Ihmislehma</a> i love so much your picture !!!! thats really paradise in every map [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Thanks! I really like how it looks, though sometimes cleaning space for building takes much longer than it would without that flowery goodness :'D

And for some people, I suspect all those flowers may be causing performance issues.

Quote:
On 8.4.2018 at 2:05 PM, Ketchup said:

i dunno, i never downloaded Megamod... but in my map, i dont have really much "flowers in forest preventing food to spawn" as stated by a couple of person. First, forest trees doesnt spawn flowers at all, it is not in their "tree spawn code" , trees can only spawn grass. The flowers can only be spawn by grass. this is why i personally dont have alot of "flowers in forest".

Dont you guys are mistaking "grass" for "flowers" ?? Grass it isnt your problem for your "forester/gatherer" problem ? LOL

because grass and flowers are 2 things very different!

Maybe it wasn't as clear in the screenshot I posted cause I wanted to show a broader area it's definitely flowers with a few pieces of grass in between.

Quote:
On 8.4.2018 at 9:57 PM, Ihmislehma said:

Thanks! I really like how it looks, though sometimes cleaning space for building takes much longer than it would without that flowery goodness :'D

And for some people, I suspect all those flowers may be causing performance issues.

Hm I'm actually getting a bit worried to see how many ppl like the look of it. Sure I love their look as well, just not everywhere on the map. I would not even like the idea of them spawning less but still all over the map. Especially when I don't have many workers to be able to remove them all and I do not want flower huts all over the map either. Right now I'm using the flattening tool (the one that immediately removes all resources) just to get rid of them. It is kinda game breaking for me actually. I chose the map I use specifically because I like the look of the ground and now I don't get to see it much.

So I'd still prefer them to spawn only in range of the flowers hut.

I haven't noticed performance issues yet but I'm only at about 200 ppl at the moment. What creates the most problems is foresters not being able to plant trees (unless I have enough workers to employ about 3-4 at the same time so they can plant faster than the flowers are spawning), and my gatherers and herbalists can't get anymore resources. I was down to 4 herbs a season at one point, that's when I started to help by simply flattening everything.

Having said all that I do love the concept though to create perfume from the flowers, it makes for a great trade item [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I'd be curious what changes exactly are planned

Quote:
On 08/04/2018 at 5:56 PM, Kralyerg said:

So, here's the nitty gritty details.

I did implement the flowers slightly differently than you did.

From what I can tell, you set the NaturalResourceGrass in the starting condition, so that it spawns at the start of the game. Then this Grass will spawn the Flowers.  (There's also the Fodder Farmer that grows grass which will spawn flowers, but I think you removed this guy in RKEC.)  You mentioned in your post that your trees will spawn the Grass, but I didn't see that code anywhere.

I did tell the trees to spawn the Flowers directly.  I did this because I didn't put the Grass in the starting condition.  But since the flowers weren't designed for being wild spawns, they're acting up.

No one is mistaking Grass for Flowers.  It's just that the Flowers are autoseeding very quickly, and they never die.

I would like to point out that you guys have successfully programmed pretty little virtual cancer that is turned into perfume. =D

Quote:
1 hour ago, MajorThomas said:

I would like to point out that you guys have successfully programmed pretty little virtual cancer that is turned into perfume. =D

Fortunately, a cure has been found and the flowers will be more reasonable in the next release of MM8 [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
3 hours ago, estherhb said:

Fortunately, a cure has been found and the flowers will be more reasonable in the next release of MM8 [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Thank goodness, my bannies can stop going barbarian on their little petals. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" /> Do we have a release ETA at the moment?

Quote:
5 hours ago, estherhb said:

Oooh, nice!

May I ask how the flowers will behave in the next release?

Quote:
17 hours ago, Ihmislehma said:

Oooh, nice!

May I ask how the flowers will behave in the next release?

Not sure. Kralyerg changed the code so they are still spawned by trees, but will not also spawn themselves.  That will reduce the number. But until he compiles the new version, it can't really be tested. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />