MegaMod 8 RC3 Discussion / Bug Reports

Quote:
3 hours ago, Kralyerg said:

That's by design in the original mod.

There's a 1x1 version, and an "overhang" version, as F variants.  The overhang version sits on a 1x1 square, so it's still in the 1x1 button.

I can understand the confusion, but it was done on purpose like that.

Haha, by design....

... more like laziness on behalf of the modder who couldn't be bothered making another template file, sprite image, string text. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

I think somewhere in my brain I have plans to properly set out the fencing menus...

Quote:
14 hours ago, Discrepancy said:

Haha, by design....

Sure, I get that. But it's closer to "by design" than "bug to be fixed". [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Just so you know the honey from the small hives is bugged, they don't give any during there harvest  they used to, untill just recently..  they are not part of any honey mod to my knowledge they just appear at random  in the wild growth.. I'm not using any of those mods at this time anyway..

Quote:
On 3/29/2018 at 2:17 PM, Kralyerg said:

That's' not the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> stable, that's my standalone stable.  I probably forgot to update it for the 1.0.7 update 

So, I noticed that you didn't add this to the list of things fixed at the beginning of this thread.  Which is why I'm posting about it again.  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/cool.png[/img]/emoticons/cool@2x.png 2x" title="B|" width="20" />

First off, incredible work: I'm constantly amazed at the amount and quality of work put out by the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> team/mod-makers/moderators.  So thanks [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> 

I know this has been addressed already but the flowers for me are an issue also.  The flowers look awesome but specifically, it seems like when they spawn within the forester and gatherer radiuses, they end up replacing the space where trees can grow and be planted--thus greatly reducing the trees/wild foods available for harvesting.  I can manually gather the flowers and then new trees appear to have space available. 

Would reducing the radius for the florist hut so that it corresponds with the average radius of the forester would give players more control over where flowers are left to grow vs where the player needs or doesn't want them to grow?  

I've used the Peak's Valley and Cold Mountain textures with the Appalachian forest starting condition.  

Quote:
3 hours ago, LisaSonata said:

... The flowers look awesome but ... they end up replacing the space where trees can grow and be planted--thus greatly reducing the trees/wild foods available for harvesting. 

The problem with the flowers appears to be how they are spawned which results in way too many. Kralyerg has fixed this for the next release.

Quote:
On 4/6/2018 at 7:40 PM, Reino said:

Just so you know the honey from the small hives is bugged, they don't give any during there harvest  they used to, untill just recently..  they are not part of any honey mod to my knowledge they just appear at random  in the wild growth.. I'm not using any of those mods at this time anyway..

Kralyerg explained why that can happen this way:  The wild honey has a "growth to maturity" variable set to 2, while most of the other wild foods are set to 1.  If you manually harvest an unmature resource, you don't get stuff from it. That's why foresters wait until the tree is grown to cut it down

yeah if you harvest a little tree sprout.... you dont gat any logs. if you harvest something immature, you dont get anything.

i am spawning here presently cause i have a question.... ^^

i dunno, i never downloaded Megamod... but in my map, i dont have really much "flowers in forest preventing food to spawn" as stated by a couple of person. First, forest trees doesnt spawn flowers at all, it is not in their "tree spawn code" , trees can only spawn grass. The flowers can only be spawn by grass. this is why i personally dont have alot of "flowers in forest".

Dont you guys are mistaking "grass" for "flowers" ?? Grass it isnt your problem for your "forester/gatherer" problem ? LOL

because grass and flowers are 2 things very different!

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> I really don't think the flowers should automatically spawn in MM8 in large quantities.  If they can't spawn in the same quantities as wild roses, herbs, etc., there should instead be a special forester who grows flowers. That way, they would be optional. 

While the flowers aren't a problem to me (I have a monster rig compared to what Banished uses), but I understand why they could be problematic to some. This picture is showing the flower coverage around a wild area I never did anything at, and you can see it's fully covered. And this is going on everywhere where I don't actively cut them.

One way to work around this could be giving the flowers a life span, much like trees have, although probably a shorter one.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_04/20180408190942_1.thumb.jpg.669575241adecc4f500ff44064ce1608.jpg[/img]