MegaMod 8 RC3 Discussion / Bug Reports

Okay, I think I know why I had the crash problem earlier. Apparently my Banished didn't like me changing from one Megamod to another without first making sure no mods were active, and only after then activating the new ones.

I noticed something else though. I'm still keeping an eye on it, but the Perfumer worker seems to idle excessively, and the Perfumes the worker makes don't seem to be picked up. As said, still keeping an eye on this.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/26339-rat_/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="26339" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/26339-rat_/">@rat_*******</a> I can see that the toolbars aren't correct for MegaMod8 - RC3.  You'll need to download the most recent version of MM8.  When you check the 3 parts of that mod, exit Banished completely before going back in and starting a new game. 

Quote:
5 hours ago, Ihmislehma said:

Okay, I think I know why I had the crash problem earlier. Apparently my Banished didn't like me changing from one Megamod to another without first making sure no mods were active, and only after then activating the new ones.

I noticed something else though. I'm still keeping an eye on it, but the Perfumer worker seems to idle excessively, and the Perfumes the worker makes don't seem to be picked up. As said, still keeping an eye on this.

After further testing, the resources produced started getting picked up. Don't know why the initial few years were not.

I'm having trouble locating the red Barn storages. They were bright red, had two parts (main and expansion), and seemed to be in the North style.

Question: is having some of the homes, barns etc. in the Fleur De Lis and Mod Collection toolbars only a decision? Ie what I mean is that is it a concious choice (if so, I assume for decluttering the main toolbars).

Bug report: Roadbound Horse fence 1x1 uses 2x1 piece at the moment.

Quote:
1 hour ago, Ihmislehma said:

I'm having trouble locating the red Barn storages. They were bright red, had two parts (main and expansion), and seemed to be in the North style.

Question: is having some of the homes, barns etc. in the Fleur De Lis and Mod Collection toolbars only a decision? Ie what I mean is that is it a concious choice (if so, I assume for decluttering the main toolbars).

Check under the Mod Collections toolbar -> Kid -> Themed Mods -> Colonial production and storage buildings (5th from the left) -> Large Storage Barn and Large Barn Expansion (3rd and 2nd from the right). Not sure where you find them in the regular toolbar, I'm kinda used to the Collections now.

Quote:
7 hours ago, Ihmislehma said:

Well, there's two issues here.

Everything that is in the Mod Collections toolbar is also in the non-Mod Collections toolbar.

Some people find it easier to find a specific building and it's related buildings based on the modder. 

The fleur-de-lis is slightly different.  There are some mods that have come as a complete set of similar buildings. So they're still in their sets. There's future plans to possibly make the Themed Sets also in the standard toolbar.

Quote:
7 hours ago, Kralyerg said:

Well, there's two issues here.

Everything that is in the Mod Collections toolbar is also in the non-Mod Collections toolbar.

Some people find it easier to find a specific building and it's related buildings based on the modder. 

The fleur-de-lis is slightly different.  There are some mods that have come as a complete set of similar buildings. So they're still in their sets. There's future plans to possibly make the Themed Sets also in the standard toolbar.

That's understandable. I know some of my problems arise from that I've been using the other Megamod version for so long looking for certain things in certain places is second nature now. I personally like having both the Fleur De Lis and "normal" toolbars. For the normal toolbars, I like that you can click, say, Homes, and then choose the modder/mod package you want. To me that's the most useful. I understand that sets like Docks, Quay and others stay only in the Fleur De Lis and the Modder specific toolbars.

I will get used to this, it will just take a little bit time.

Edit: found solution after all

Quote:
On 4/4/2018 at 1:00 PM, Ihmislehma said:

Bug report: Roadbound Horse fence 1x1 uses 2x1 piece at the moment.

That's by design in the original mod.

There's a 1x1 version, and an "overhang" version, as F variants.  The overhang version sits on a 1x1 square, so it's still in the 1x1 button.

I can understand the confusion, but it was done on purpose like that.