MegaMod 8 RC3 Discussion / Bug Reports

Quote:
14 hours ago, estherhb said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11128-mikkey/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11128" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11128-mikkey/">@Mikkey</a> When we put <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> together, the mods included are pretty much "as is".  Since <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> is still adjusting the growth of flowers in his mods, we are making changes accordingly.  He does read the responses we receive and takes them into consideration.  Please note that we have also received positive feedback and we try to balance the two. (BTW - I really can't tell what your picture shows - you need to zoom in a bit.)

Yes, I'm aware not all these mods are created by you but I figured you would test them as well and had a vague idea of what the spawn rate should be. It was just a question, I just kept persisting cause it didn't seem normal to me and wondered if it was supposed to happen like that or not. Guess Ketchup answered that now [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Sry if you took it as more of a criticism than was intended.

Quote:
9 hours ago, Ketchup said:

LOL WOW !!

I Love it !!! hehe

i can say , in this type of map you really have a problem though LOL

Like every tiles is coreved by something, a grass or a flower LOL that should not happening though !!

but i love it [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Yep, literally every free tile lol. I just started a new map (also marsh) to see if it would recreate the problem. I'm only into year 38 on that one but they slowly start spreading everywhere too now.

I guess I can ask again then, since there is no use for flowers except for perfume, would it be possible to make it work like the fodder farmer does so they only spawn within their range?

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/7052-reino/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="7052" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/7052-reino/">@Reino</a>  ALL of the mods included in MegaMod are in one of the 3 MegaMod .pkm files. If you have another .pkm file showing, it is something you added or subscribed to.  I checked the Steam Workshop - in parenthesis after Idle Work Team's Day and Night mod are the word "Idle Heiye". Note that it says you must use DX11 with this mod.  Check the Steam Workshop to see if you subscribed to it.

Which Beehive/Apiary are you trying to use? I use the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> one which produces both Honey and Beeswax, but with some others, you have to choose either Honey or Beeswax (or Royal Jelly?).

Sorry - I assumed that a barn came with the start you used. Are you also building a stockpile?  You might try the Field Medic (tent) that is part of the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Fort and Palisades mod (under Themed Sets). It only requires 10 Logs to build and has a capacity of 5.

Anything I've missed?

no the DSSV start I use  gives you nothing at the start not even a tool nor food. you must get the things done in order are die?  I found a new order today yeah.  the idle issue  is nearly breaking that start,  until I tried a drastic move..  you just get 2 families and nothing else.

when <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> had the bug that caused the wagon to miss loading certian things I learned to get by without having them and when you guys got it fixed I missed those starts  as they became much to easy..

but when you added DSSV starts he has a couple I like  using.    

the beehives that spawn naturally all over the  ground  used to drop honey when you collected them for food.. they are part of the spawn in the wild food I believe or was added somehow to it.. The Field medic tent requires Fur, new to me, If I have to trade to get animals its way to far away,  if there are traps for animals I've not found them yet, but then I havn't really looked yet. if they use iron to make I'm not at that stage yet soon its steadly growing

Oh there is another tent huh I didn't know about that one in the Forts  I just found one that uses 8 leather and 3 furs and a few logs to build. it was in one of the mod in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>.  if you want I will take a pic of them in game and  you can see.

Can't get a tiny map to load to save my life.  No matter which combination of terrain type and starting conditions I use, I always have to use task manager and end task. I even slept on it - still woke up to the screen loading.

Oh, and I also get a LOT of flowers. Literally every other square (or more) can be cleared as food/wild herbs every spring. Looks pretty, though [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

(

Hello, Ive been having several problems with the game, especially the runtime x64 error.  But as far as this mod itself, whenever I have the mod enable a new game will never load. I can get to the main screen of the game fine, but as i click okay to start a new game it just sits at the loading screen forever. Has anyone else had this problem?

Strawberries aren't growing well for me. I had problems with previous towns, but today's new town grew a whopping 20 strawberries on a 12x10  village crop field. I didn't bother going through the whole growing season the other times because food was a serious issue then, but this time I was looking to supply a tavern so I figured one growing season couldn't hurt. Besides, my pears will be ripe next year, lol.

Quote:
9 hours ago, Mikkey said:

Yes, I'm aware not all these mods are created by you but I figured you would test them as well and had a vague idea of what the spawn rate should be. It was just a question, I just kept persisting cause it didn't seem normal to me and wondered if it was supposed to happen like that or not. Guess Ketchup answered that now [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Sry if you took it as more of a criticism than was intended.

Yep, literally every free tile lol. I just started a new map (also marsh) to see if it would recreate the problem. I'm only into year 38 on that one but they slowly start spreading everywhere too now.

I guess I can ask again then, since there is no use for flowers except for perfume, would it be possible to make it work like the fodder farmer does so they only spawn within their range?

the thing is , in my map setup, there is alot of forest to spawn by the Map Generator. there is lot of trees, there is copper nodes to spawns, there are wild fruits, and now i have deadwood to spawns.... so maybe in a <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> setup with maybe some kind of maps where there are so few things to spawns (verdant, marsh, desert?? maybe those have that particularity to have very few things to spawn...) 

maybe the grass/flowers have to much space to expand.

Quote:
7 hours ago, datette said:

Can't get a tiny map to load to save my life.  No matter which combination of terrain type and starting conditions I use, I always have to use task manager and end task. I even slept on it - still woke up to the screen loading.

Oh, and I also get a LOT of flowers. Literally every other square (or more) can be cleared as food/wild herbs every spring. Looks pretty, though [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

There is no "tiny" map in MegaMod - just Small. Are you using another mod for that?  We know the flowers are too many and are fixing that for the next release.

Quote:
3 hours ago, datette said:

Strawberries aren't growing well for me. I had problems with previous towns, but today's new town grew a whopping 20 strawberries on a 12x10  village crop field. I didn't bother going through the whole growing season the other times because food was a serious issue then, but this time I was looking to supply a tavern so I figured one growing season couldn't hurt. Besides, my pears will be ripe next year, lol.

If you are using a Harsh climate, strawberries might not grow there well.  Some crops don't do well in extreme climates. The temperature chart HERE is still valid and might help. If that isn't a problem, please attach a picture of the crop field with the UI box for the field open. Thanks

Quote:
7 hours ago, estherhb said:

There is no "tiny" map in MegaMod - just Small. Are you using another mod for that?

Screenpics coming up! I'll have to admit to going snowless since my starts typically result in no supplies and I prefer my people don't freeze to death. Usually tropical no snow, but this time I wanted to see what I got with Perfect. They look like they grow as the field changes and strawberries appear on all of the plants (this pic was taken in Spring though, planting is too recent for that growth to show,) but when harvesting in the autumn my farmer goes through the motions with no bushels to show for it. When the occasional bushel did appear I was surprised, and this is what prompted my comment.

And yeah, I know the flower thing will be fixed, but I'll miss the masses of them surrounding, well, everything.

EDIT: When I switched to a vanilla crop field, the yield went up to 29% before harvest, and continued to increase slightly.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_04/mods.jpg.854232c52e9b3daa1cc31d30c39a6b80.jpg" data-fileid="3003">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_04/mods.jpg.854232c52e9b3daa1cc31d30c39a6b80.jpg[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_04/start.jpg.62111e2dae7c7d8a805afecf1ee3d300.jpg" data-fileid="3004">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_04/start.jpg.62111e2dae7c7d8a805afecf1ee3d300.jpg[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_04/strawberries.jpg.8aef881c656a06dca96534f329de18d3.jpg" data-fileid="3005">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_04/strawberries.thumb.jpg.6d392e07cec1fa58fe4bd0a55b049dc9.jpg[/img]</a>

I have a bug that after a brief searching I ouldn't see as being duplicate. I installed this mod on my laptop and it works great. I am loving all the slight quality of life tweaks. However, when I went to download it on my desktop, the menus cause crashes to desktop. Specifically, there are two menu buttons for luxury goods and refined goods; clicking either of these causing a runtime error and CTD. I can post pictures later if it helps, but any ideas what to try here? Using DX11 and up to date game; would really like to use this mod on my more powerful machine!

Sorry, but this is exactly my issue that I saw on another post. You can see there's two icons for some menu options, and clicking either causes CTD. I tried to redownlaod the mod several times as the previous user suggested by the conflicting menus remain.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="2997" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_04/20180401180615_1.jpg.8d102ec9fa2b84d031cbdfd821b2524b.jpg">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_04/20180401180615_1.thumb.jpg.84bd184fdb0e85be171aae6197d3ed51.jpg[/img]</a>

Update: A fix for me came from a suggestion someone else had said. As I was upgrading from a previous MegaMod I had to uncheck that, exit banished, go back in and check the new megamod 8 files, exit banished, and the it all works. Cheers!