Poll: What map type would you like to see added?
Plains / Grassland
Rocks / Mountain
Jungle / Rivers
Something Else (Please comment)
[Show Results]

Designing Colonial Charter 1.7

Remind me because i feel stupid.

Wild west in US happends in colonial era?

Quote:
18 hours ago, rejectedegg said:

Uh huh.......[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dry.png[/img]/emoticons/dry@2x.png 2x" title="¬¬" width="20" />

I smell Something Really Fishy here

And it's not the mod   [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

*I am not calling you a liar.... just a Master Joker is all 

Quote:
3 hours ago, DesoPL said:

Remind me because i feel stupid.

Huh? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blink.png[/img]/emoticons/blink@2x.png 2x" title="O.o" width="20" /> Now I am confused [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/huh.png[/img]/emoticons/huh@2x.png 2x" title="o.O" width="20" />yet again[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Quote:
On 12/1/2016 at 4:50 PM, DesoPL said:

Depends on what you mean by wild west, and where you end colonial. In the US the frontier was declared closed around 1899, I my memory serves. Spanish presence in the "west" started around 1600.

This is not part of the poll, but something I really think the mod needs desperately.  A shipping/receiving depot, or a tweek of the distribution barns.  (I mentioned this over on Steam too).  My community of 500 has a large agricultural area that supports the surrounding towns and villages, and also provides goods for trade.  The game really becomes bottle-necked once you reach a certain level.  All my barns are at 100% and I can't seem to get the stuff moved out into the towns or magazines, and on to the industrial areas that depend on certain goods.  I tried the distribution barn and love the idea, but I spent quite a bit of time watching workers, and they just shuffle things around and don't really move things out of the area.  I've never tried the choo choo mod, so I'm not sure if it's set up to move large quantities from one depot to another, but that is really something the game needs, a way to move goods large quantities of goods, longer distances than just the closest storage area, and drop it off at the next depot.  The way it is now, workers waste a lot of time wandering around with a basket of goods looking for a place to put it, instead of working.  This kind-of defeats the purpose of building little communities next to the farm fields, keeping workers close to their workplace, to increase productivity.  Maybe a progressive storage system, more complex, could be designed that moves goods in a certain sequence...  Barn to magazine, then magazine to distribution barn, then distribution barn to markets and specialized warehouses.   Something to keep the goods moving out.  I don't know if this is even possible with a mod, but it sure would make the game a lot more enjoyable and rich.  Thanks!  And I love the mod, by the way!

For start condition, actually I would like all three of the choices, but I voted for Abandoned Village, sounds like my kind of town. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />    In Stronghold some of my favorite maps that I played over and over, started with a partially built or partially destroyed settlement.  Oh no, now I want to play Stronghold.

Artisans are nice (they were my second most wanted category) but more housing would be nice, especially good & dense (read: narrow) housing. Luckily, I helped!

just brainstorming here. is there a way to design the next version so we can turn off the start settings but still have the buildings and production chains? then ppl could play "the north" with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>??

What's stopping you from putting The North above <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and using both?

Don't they cause a crash? Thats what I thought. 

There is a serious problem when trying to use The North with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, I tried it once and the game froze up. I had to use Windows Task Manager to shut down Banished so I am not surprised if it caused the game to crash for some people.