Poll: What map type would you like to see added?
Plains / Grassland
Rocks / Mountain
Jungle / Rivers
Something Else (Please comment)
[Show Results]

Designing Colonial Charter 1.7

We are looking for some feedback and ideas for CC 1.7 [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Time for some comments!

No.1 - I voted "Something Else"  because I'm quite happy with the current selection of map types. Currently my favourite maps are seed number 777 or 999 with Terrain Type - [CC] Lake Waters and Terrain Size - [CC] Very Large, because they both give large, useful lake areas for expanding the Quay and overwater village themed sets.

No.2 - I voted for "Abandoned Village" because the idea of some buildings that probably need to be repaired before they can be used (like when a house burns down in the game) seems like a very interesting way to start the game.

No.3 - I voted "Something Else" because I'd like to see all those suggestions, (yeah yeah, I'm being very greedy!). I'd also like to see expansions of some themes created by other modders, for example, the Japanese buildings.

Love what you've got so far, but I would LOVE to see some more crazy and unique housing.  I've incorporated other mods into yours to do that, but your "rich" (can't remember the correct term) housing, while nice, all look the same.  Some "F" cycling on designs would be quite nice.

I know that's a lot of work.  Not at all hounding you for this (even though I am).  Just my two cents.

GREAT MODS LIVE HERE.  KEEP UP THE AMAZING WORK GUYS!

Just thought of something else I'd like to see.

Some other types of small houses similar to the Tiny Shack.

I use the Tiny Shack along with some other "cheap house" mods as temporary housing for early game when I'm establishing the very first section of the settlement. After agriculture and industry are set up I start to build better houses as the resources become available. I'd love to see some different "quick & cheap" homes such as tents, shanties or other hovels to give some more variety to the early game (or even to create slum areas in large towns).

I would love to see a way more starting to conditions if at all possible. I saw a mod like it before but it was never compatible with any of my other mods so I stopped using it. here are a few I was thinking of,

• Start with 30 or more people with different level of food. 

• Farmer start with multiple seeds and livestock and nothing else

• Fisher start with docks already built no seeds no livestock

• plague start with citzens already sick

And I also would love to see some new professions and building.

• love the painting school idea

• Jewerly making ( could use the gold gems pearls from game)

• asian style housing and building 

• more food type buildings 

• tea house

• more unsaveroy type of building so we can make a "bad area" of town ,like the smugglers dock

edit: also just had another idea, could it be possible to make the tropical food Ipineapple, guave, etc.) into seeds for purchase that only really grow on the tropical climate maps. I have the green house but it never makes enough to justify putting a worker there although it does get rid of the unused bonemeal i have. or if you could expand the green house production that would be great.

Hope these suggestions spark something. Would love to see any of these but even if none of them are used the game is already amazing. you guys are awesome [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Well, since we're going for starting conditions, how about seeing more variety of wild foods. Maybe varying depending on what kind of starting conditions you select. (Pine nuts from pine trees, coconuts from coconut palms, acorns from oaks, and maybe some varieties of wild berries.)

I would also like a boreal starting condition, mixing new and old trees that would grow somewhere cold and snowy.

Cranberries, watercrest, and foxnuts would also be cool as water crops as well.

Please do all the things and do them right now. *wink*

A new CC is very exciting. Even though I just started using the last new version very recently.

I would like to see different wild animals (horses and buffalo) for a Plains starting condition. *big grin*

I'd also like to second the in-thread suggestions for Jewelers and new Wild Foods. I love the rice patty from the Docks theme, so perhaps that sort of thing could be done for Cranberries or other water crops?

All of that sounds very cool but if 1.7 version will be last? Maybe seperate mod with all that stuff?

Quote:
4 hours ago, DesoPL said:

All of that sounds very cool but if 1.7 version will be last? Maybe seperate mod with all that stuff?

Not last [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I've already bounced this stuff off of Kralyerg before. I did vote for some of the stuff in the list, but id like to see Mars, space colony, etc also perhaps Roman theme, possibly polynesian theme.