Poll: What map type would you like to see added?
Plains / Grassland
Rocks / Mountain
Jungle / Rivers
Something Else (Please comment)
[Show Results]

Designing Colonial Charter 1.7

Quote:
1 hour ago, rejectedegg said:

I can see only one problem with it. The Fishing Dock. Lots of people use that right out of the gate to feed their beginning game people with. Since it is pretty easy to build.

No, this would be a super advanced fishing dock, a separate building entirely from the vanilla one. Or an upgrade to the vanilla one, if it's possible to upgrade a building and change something as basic as its area radius (and I don't know if that's possible). But you are absolutely right... a mod like this that makes it harder to build things has to be balanced with what you need to build in early game. Ideally I think you should need an anvil to build a blacksmith (you can even see an anvil in the vanilla building) but who makes the anvil? Maybe an advanced blacksmith should require an anvil instead.

It does also create more of a tech tree (sort of, almost). If you need to make ovens and stills and whatever else, then you need to have the buildings that make those things first. Plus you will need a building supplier to package up these special components, and to build a building supplier from memory I think you need lumber, but I can't remember for sure. But of course you can always import the completed special building supplies kits if you don't want to make them.

I think it could be a fun mod but it almost certainly needs to be optional.

Quote:
5 minutes ago, Discrepancy said:

great ideas @elemental [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> you have so many of them. Always gets me thinking.

Thank you. I'm always happy to share ideas with anyone who can turn them into reality. Ideas are easy but modding ability is something else entirely. Luckily Banished has some very talented modders. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
24 minutes ago, elemental said:

No, this would be a super advanced fishing dock, a separate building entirely from the vanilla one. Or an upgrade to the vanilla one, if it's possible to upgrade a building and change something as basic as its area radius (and I don't know if that's possible). But you are absolutely right... a mod like this that makes it harder to build things has to be balanced with what you need to build in early game. Ideally I think you should need an anvil to build a blacksmith (you can even see an anvil in the vanilla building) but who makes the anvil? Maybe an advanced blacksmith should require an anvil instead.

It does also create more of a tech tree (sort of, almost). If you need to make ovens and stills and whatever else, then you need to have the buildings that make those things first. Plus you will need a building supplier to package up these special components, and to build a building supplier from memory I think you need lumber, but I can't remember for sure. But of course you can always import the completed special building supplies kits if you don't want to make them.

I think it could be a fun mod but it almost certainly needs to be optional.

Thanks for the Clarify [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />   Then I am with you on this [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
9 minutes ago, elemental said:

Thank you. I'm always happy to share ideas with anyone who can turn them into reality. Ideas are easy but modding ability is something else entirely. Luckily Banished has some very talented modders. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Agree 100% with you, they are Simply Wonderful [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Hey NO Fair [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

this wasn't here when I voted , I want to be able to re-cast my vote now   [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

3. Any new buildings preferred?

<ul style="margin:0px;padding:0px;list-style:none;color:rgb(102,102,102);font-family:Tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:left;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(251,251,251);"><li style="border:0px;">

Expand Existing Themed Sets                                                 <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/">@ShockPuppet</a>  <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a>

</li>
</ul>

Quote:
2 hours ago, rejectedegg said:

Hey NO Fair [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

this wasn't here when I voted , I want to be able to re-cast my vote now   [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

3. Any new buildings preferred?

<ul style="margin:0px;padding:0px;list-style:none;color:rgb(102,102,102);font-family:Tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:left;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(251,251,251);"><li style="border:0px;">
<div style="text-align:right;float:left;margin-left:0px;">
Expand Existing Themed Sets                                                 <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/">@ShockPuppet</a>  <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a>

</li>
</ul></div>

I assure you the poll has remained unchanged since the beginning [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Uh huh.......[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dry.png[/img]/emoticons/dry@2x.png 2x" title="¬¬" width="20" />

I smell Something Really Fishy here

And it's not the mod   [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

*** Just so everyone knows .... the above part was intended to be a Joke and nothing more [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

*I am not calling you a liar.... just a Master Joker is all 

Quote:
16 minutes ago, ShockPuppet said:

I assure you the poll has remained unchanged since the beginning [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

It was there the first time I looked.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6032-rejectedegg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6032" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6032-rejectedegg/">@rejectedegg</a>: Is it possible you might have missed it on the first time through? I'm always looking for objects that end up being right in front of me. *grin* There might be other reasons I do that as well though... *cough cough*

Quote:
6 minutes ago, WatersMoon110 said:

It was there the first time I looked.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6032-rejectedegg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6032" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6032-rejectedegg/">@rejectedegg</a>: Is it possible you might have missed it on the first time through? I'm always looking for objects that end up being right in front of me. *grin* There might be other reasons I do that as well though... *cough cough*

Probably [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dry.png[/img]/emoticons/dry@2x.png 2x" title="¬¬" width="20" /> 

I was SUPER EXCITED to see the site was back up, so there is that

That is why I added this to the end of my last post:

Quote:
23 minutes ago, rejectedegg said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/">@ShockPuppet</a> last comment to me, I interpreted as his way of saying Ha ha  at me for missing it   [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Quote:
13 hours ago, rejectedegg said:

Uh huh.......[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dry.png[/img]/emoticons/dry@2x.png 2x" title="¬¬" width="20" />

I smell Something Really Fishy here

And it's not the mod   [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

*** Just so everyone knows .... the above part was intended to be a Joke and nothing more [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

So if I understand, comedy is the suggestion here, a serial practical joker, a comedy club, or maybe a friendly arsonist and/or a vigilante superhero?