Poll: What map type would you like to see added?
Plains / Grassland
Rocks / Mountain
Jungle / Rivers
Something Else (Please comment)
[Show Results]

Designing Colonial Charter 1.7

Yes there are definitely gaps in building themes in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> that could be filled. I certainly don't want to see every building replicated in every theme, but a few more options here and there would be nice. Especially for the buildings that only have one option at present.

Quote:
1 hour ago, elemental said:

Yes there are definitely gaps in building themes in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> that could be filled. I certainly don't want to see every building replicated in every theme, but a few more options here and there would be nice. Especially for the buildings that only have one option at present.

I am selfish and do want all the buildings in all the themes. *wink*

Seriously though, I do feel a little sad to hit F and not have at least one alternate version of a building come up. I really love when one or more do, too! And I always want to find buildings that match, for different sections of my map. I might get a little too obsessive about it too, since I've removed buildings just to replace them with an alternate version. *grin*

Quote:
8 minutes ago, WatersMoon110 said:

I am selfish and do want all the buildings in all the themes. *wink*

Seriously though, I do feel a little sad to hit F and not have at least one alternate version of a building come up. I really love when one or more do, too! And I always want to find buildings that match, for different sections of my map. I might get a little too obsessive about it too, since I've removed buildings just to replace them with an alternate version. *grin*

My OCD screams each time I can't find something that fits together right  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Hi Guys.

What I would like to see in a future version, would be more upgrades to buildings, so they can be more eficiente and produce more stuff. There are already lots of upgrades but I would like to see even more.

Some upgrades could required special items like books, muskets, fishing nets.

It would be fun to be able to upgrade na hunter cabine using muskets, a fishery with fishing nets, a farm with Books (maybe weather atlas create by a new ancient observatory building).

I also would like to have more ways to use raw food, having new receipts maybe.

just a few ideas. I will put here some more thougts whenever i dont Forget them.

I would love see some goverment decorations such police or something like that. Eventually more wild west buildings. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
6 hours ago, paulojl said:

It would be fun to be able to upgrade na hunter cabine using muskets, a fishery with fishing nets, a farm with Books (maybe weather atlas create by a new ancient observatory building).

I like the fishing net idea. Maybe fishing nets could increase a fishing dock's range, effectively leading to an increase in fish caught.

Quote:
57 minutes ago, elemental said:

I like the fishing net idea. Maybe fishing nets could increase a fishing dock's range, effectively leading to an increase in fish caught.

I wonder if that is possible? It would be pretty cool if it was.

Upgraded buildings can't take up any more space than the building they are upgraded from. I don't know if the range can change.

I don't know. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/mellow.png[/img]/emoticons/mellow@2x.png 2x" title=":|" width="20" />  But even if we can't upgrade, it should be possible to have a separate super fishing dock that does have a larger range. It would just need nets as a building ingredient/requirement.

This touches on something I've thought about before. Building requirements are generally overly simple. Stone, iron, wood. Lumber, building supplies, homewares for some advanced <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> buildings. I really like the building supplies/homewares system and I think it could be taken further.

It would be interesting if some buildings required more specific construction "ingredients". A super fishing dock could be made from wood, stone, plus a special "super fishing dock building supplies". So you would have to actually make/import the fishing nets and then package them into a special fishing dock building supplies kit with whatever else might be required (small boat hulls perhaps?).

Similarly a distillery should require a still. A bakery should require and oven (or four). A sugar boiler should require vats or basins. A church should require stained glass and maybe a fancy hardwood alter and/or pews. A glass maker and a potter should require a furnace and a forge should require an even bigger furnace. A windmill should require at the very least a grindstone, and maybe gears and sails too. An advanced school might even require books. (bolded to catch the attention of those who are just skimming [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> )

This would make it more challenging to build certain buildings. I know that not everyone would want <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> to head in this direction, but some people do prefer more of a challenge and more realism. I would really love to see a system like this implemented for some of the more advanced buildings. Even if it was an optional add-on mod. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
1 hour ago, elemental said:

I don't know. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/mellow.png[/img]/emoticons/mellow@2x.png 2x" title=":|" width="20" />  But even if we can't upgrade, it should be possible to have a separate super fishing dock that does have a larger range. It would just need nets as a building ingredient/requirement.

This touches on something I've thought about before. Building requirements are generally overly simple. Stone, iron, wood. Lumber, building supplies, homewares for some advanced <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> buildings. I really like the building supplies/homewares system and I think it could be taken further.

It would be interesting if some buildings required more specific construction "ingredients". A super fishing dock could be made from wood, stone, plus a special "super fishing dock building supplies". So you would have to actually make/import the fishing nets and then package them into a special fishing dock building supplies kit with whatever else might be required (small boat hulls perhaps?).

Similarly a distillery should require a still. A bakery should require and oven (or four). A sugar boiler should require vats or basins. A church should require stained glass and maybe a fancy hardwood alter and/or pews. A glass maker and a potter should require a furnace and a forge should require an even bigger furnace. A windmill should require at the very least a grindstone, and maybe gears and sails too. An advanced school might even require books. (bolded to catch the attention of those who are just skimming [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> )

This would make it more challenging to build certain buildings. I know that not everyone would want <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> to head in this direction, but some people do prefer more of a challenge and more realism. I would really love to see a system like this implemented for some of the more advanced buildings. Even if it was an optional add-on mod. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

The "optional" method I would agree to.

But if the "bolded areas" are things you would like to see implemented in order to build it even right from the start, I can see only one problem with it.

The Fishing Dock.

Lots of people use that right out of the gate to feed their beginning game people with. Since it is pretty easy to build.

I know when I don't use Debug to fast build a place, this is one of the very first things I get down.

That and a Hunter.

I hate using Debug, I feel like a cheater [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

But I only use it to help me with Stone at the start, to add 8-12 more people so building and such can go faster, and to give me the things I need real quick to build a building I need to put up so I can move forward.

The rest of the time I use the normal, non-cheating (without Debug) method.

But your ideas do make sense. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

great ideas @elemental [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> you have so many of them. Always gets me thinking.