Poll: What map type would you like to see added?
Plains / Grassland
Rocks / Mountain
Jungle / Rivers
Something Else (Please comment)
[Show Results]

Designing Colonial Charter 1.7

Quote:
On 11/26/2016 at 2:29 PM, gowiththeflow said:

HI

No 1 I would like to see a mixture of valleys rivers and water lakes. I live in a area with valleys,river and lakes or dam very different to vanilla valleys

Cheers

Ride the waves of life Go With The Flow

Quote:
12 hours ago, WatersMoon110 said:

Unfortunately maps are generated randomly (from the seed number). It would have to be a randomly generated map that just happened to resemble a real place

Agreed, a random seed is generated. Yet if i use the same seed i get the same map, no? Having not yet looked under the hood of this game please excuse any ignorance. Perhaps more than a <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> type of update...

is there a method for generating more than one "climate" on a map?

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/rolleyes.gif[/img]/emoticons/rolleyes@2x.png 2x" title="9_9" width="20" />

loving the mini mods! Perfect for adam and eve start !

Quote:
8 hours ago, thethirdapple said:

is there a method for generating more than one "climate" on a map?

I don't think so.

Quote:
On 27/11/2016 at 3:40 AM, Deranged Monkey said:

A Start with a large prebuilt city but is unstable.  I.e., you have just been elected Governor of a failing colony.  E.g., a 400 person city with a huge shortage of supplies or tools or timber or food, and not enough jobs so an excess Labor pool.

This is something that would be an interesting addition. I' ve started so many towns that those first few years are more of a chore cause they are always very similar and those early years towns dont realy look like a real town cause i build them to fit the design of the later developed city.

Thats why i would like a prebulit disfunctional city to improve on. I was thinking something smaller(50-100 people) where there are basic services(tailor,choper,toolmaker) but a town is focused on a single production like a miners city, or a big plantation, big orchard or the like...

People are uneducated, unhappy and unhealty whith short supplies of everything. This could be very good for role playing, you are a new governor traying to save a dying city or a local boy making your city a nice place to live in.

Another thing i would like is the option of more starting seeds cause its not very realistic and imersive when i can only grow watermelons on a mountain map.

Quote:
1 hour ago, Canemane said:

I' ve started so many towns that those first few years are more of a chore

I'm with you on that one... I mean I do like a good challenge as well, playing a round of Adam and Eve or No Edu or The North or such... but to get over the first 10-year hump gets old when you're burning to build a fancy town with all the goodies stacked up in our menus... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/rolleyes.gif[/img]/emoticons/rolleyes@2x.png 2x" title="9_9" width="20" />

So yeah, a different type of Starting Condition sounds good to me - some nice ideas in this thread...

Quote:

its not very realistic and imersive when i can only grow watermelons on a mountain map.

<chuckling>  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

I would like see a map with climate looks like that.

http://andreaszapf.de/blog/wp-content/up...eshire.png

Quote:
9 minutes ago, DesoPL said:

I would like see a map with climate looks like that.

http://andreaszapf.de/blog/wp-content/up...eshire.png

You mean only deciduous trees? Or just one that is sunny (and warm looking)?

Quote:
25 minutes ago, WatersMoon110 said:

You mean only deciduous trees? Or just one that is sunny (and warm looking)?

Actually both and terrain as well.

I like large Lake Waters maps and I wouldn't mind seeing a lake map with more hills. Apart from that I'm not particularly interested in start conditions and map type.

<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> has added so much to the game that more new things aren't really needed. Go ahead and add stuff if you have good idea, but I'd be happy to see new versions of existing buildings. Don't just write that off as boring - it's not. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  There are a number of buildings where only one model is available. Hebalist, apothecary, preserver, smokehouse, salting house, etc. Some new versions of old production buildings in the style of the colonial houses and country houses, for example, would be great.

Also new decorative stuff. It's the little details that make a town immersive. Paeng makes that clear every time he posts a pic.

Quote:
4 hours ago, elemental said:

I like large Lake Waters maps and I wouldn't mind seeing a lake map with more hills. Apart from that I'm not particularly interested in start conditions and map type.

<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> has added so much to the game that more new things aren't really needed. Go ahead and add stuff if you have good idea, but I'd be happy to see new versions of existing buildings. Don't just write that off as boring - it's not. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  There are a number of buildings where only one model is available. Hebalist, apothecary, preserver, smokehouse, salting house, etc. Some new versions of old production buildings in the style of the colonial houses and country houses, for example, would be great.

Also new decorative stuff. It's the little details that make a town immersive. Paeng makes that clear every time he posts a pic.

Even though I voted for Jungle, Ruins and Museum, I have to agree with you about the Existing Buildings.  We could use more varieties/ models of some of  these.   

So that way you can theme up your map.  No matter if you make a bunch of smaller towns spread out across the map or whether you make one big interconnected City across the whole map, this would be a nice addition.

So you can stay theme based across the the many neighborhoods or various towns you make.

I know me myself I tend to use different types of houses in different types of places and I like to construct buildings in that area based off my house choices.

But sometimes this is just not possible due to lacking a building that fits my theme in that area. 

Boston Houses close to the big water areas.  Log Cabins buried under a sea of pine tress, etc.

I love the Dock Theme set especially for this , because it is all one theme and is built out in a big water area. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />