American Colonies Architecture Pack

Absolutely amazing job!!!  Now we need someone to do texturing and build states. Who volunteers?

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quick check in... has anyone taken up the mantel to do the Texturing and build states?

I don't know anything about creating 3D models, but I'm wondering if these are all too alike.  When I look at pictures of Colonial houses, some have stone foundations with a few steps to the front door, others have trim at the corners and around the doors and windows. Some have shutters. The chimneys aren't all alike - they show some variety; for example, on a large house the chimney is often larger because it is used for several fireplaces. Not all the windows are exactly the same size. Of course, the texturing will create some of the variety, but I'm not sure the models aren't over simplified.  Just wondering. 

I just randomly (by freeform size tool) increased the size of the chimney in both of the single-chimney 5x3 houses. This should add a little variation but the houses are supposed to be similar. There are 3 sizes with 3 varieties each. I went off the diagrams without reference photos but I like how they turned out.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/ThePilgrim_houses.thumb.png.9380b1258b098273d86c644fb3d20c8b.png[/img]

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a>. Many of the things that you see as variations in the exterior styling of the houses were later additions. The houses of this period (specifically 1625-1700ish) were built simply with little ornamentation. Many of the intricate decorative trim, shutters and such were added during beginning around 1725 and more frequently during the last half of the 18th century. 

Trim and shutters will be added during the texturing to some of these homes but they are being designed to be accurate to the time they were constructed and are also done simply to allow modular construction in a believable, and easy to implement manner.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/551-azemocram/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="551" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/551-azemocram/">@AzemOcram</a>. Will you be able to do the last of the addition peices as we get work on the texturing going?

Sure, I will upload the last 4 models for the additions I haven't done yet. The 2-story one is a bit complicated so I will need advice on what to do with the side that connects to the main building.

I want to make a huge thank you on behalf of everyone interested in this mod to <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/551-azemocram/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="551" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/551-azemocram/">@AzemOcram</a>.  He has done a spectacular job on these models and we wouldn't be as close to fruition as we are without his amazing work. 

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/551-azemocram/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="551" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/551-azemocram/">@AzemOcram</a>. I think... If the model is made just like I drew it with the footprint following the foundation and the triangular part of the roof just overhanging it should just butt up against the other 2 story buildings. In theory anyway...[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />