American Colonies Architecture Pack

I have an idea after working on the Colonial House mod with kid. What I would like to do is create a historically accurate architecture pack for the American colonies. It would be divided between the 3 colonial regions (New England, The Middle Colonies, and The South) and also between the 3 main historical periods, (The Early or Post-Medieval Period 1600-1670, The Colonial or Georgian Period 1670-1780 and the Federalist Period 1780-1820). 

I would like to focus at first on housing and I have in mind to do some houses of different sizes with f variants and on house from each category that is unique and could only be built once (ie The House of Seven Gables in Salem, Massachusetts, from the Early Period in New England).

I would be more than happy to do the research and 2d design of the buildings, but my modeling skills are non existent. 

After the housing, if there is enough interest we could ad churches, schools, town halls ect. 

Would anyone like to help?

That's a big project [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I'll help some if <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> helps [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Although, I'm not sure about the research side of things (I'm busy), but I can make houses from looking at photos.

Ive got the research, format and organization. I'd love to have you do the modeling. I'll send you some ideas for the first bunch later this weekend. 

I was thinking to do the regions as updates and roll them out over time. I would like to take the time to be as historically, visually accurate as possible. 

I love this idea, one thing I am missing from Banished is a true visual representation of the new world. You should look towards Atlantic Canada for inspiration too! There is some fantastic new world styles around Nova Scotia which is a mix of Scot, French (Acadian) and Dutch settlers. Around here (Antigonish, NS) a lot of the dairy farms for example are Dutch origin, while most of the churches are Scot origin and the older houses are good examples of 'new world' farm houses and town houses.

I would be happy to include Canada later on. Antigonish? Nice, my dad's family is from around Fort Lawrence and Maccan.  

I admit, i would love see more colonial US style buildings like is showed for example in Mel Gibson movie Patriot.

i like this idea. pilgrim i take it u checked out the colonial mod and the north also? they have added several buildings to help with your idea. really good tpoint u made of doing different mod sets for those areas too.  i like how shockpuppet says he can make the buildings as long as he has pics. to me the modding would b the harder part. and we know he is busy getting the new site going.a while back i looked at some old mill pics and found an odd piece of info: some of the mill wheels were under cover,partially enclosed. that was to prevent the wheel from icing up and freezing stiff.

@the Pilgrim... I'm not from here, I'm an immigrant (a nomad if you will). I came over from the UK 2 years ago. It is such a beautiful place here though I've not managed to leave yet!

Quote:
On 11/25/2016 at 9:29 AM, The Pilgrim said:

After the housing, if there is enough interest we could ad churches, schools, town halls ect. 

Would anyone like to help?

Big time ! Count me in, as a stone mason currently living in the New England area and a lover of neo-gothic architecture the idea is awesome !

<a class="ipsAttachLink" href="//blackliquidsoftware.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=57">tele_wireframe.jp2</a>

Excellent.  Where in New England are you?