American Colonies Architecture Pack

As promised... here are my designs for base houses and modular additions.  Forgive the long post but here is what I am looking for.  BTW this is just for the models only.  I'll talk with Kralyerg later about coding and packaging.

4x2 Houses

All variants should have versions with each of the siding textures.  The only this that should be different in this set is variant 2, which should have stone for the chimney instead of brick.

4x3 Houses

All variants should have versions with each of the siding textures except the top one, which should have only the shingle siding textures.

5x3 Houses

The main design should have versions with each of the siding textures.  Variant 1 (The garrison style) should have shingle siding textures only.  Variant 2 (The Georgian gambrel style) should have clapboard siding textures only.

Modular Building Additions

The lean-to additions is where this will get a little confusing.  There should be version in 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, 2x3 and 2x4.  The 1x additions should have a residential version, without a chimney, and a kitchen version with a chimney. The 2x additions should only be residential, with no chimney.

The ell additions... the single story ell should be have both residential (without chimney) and kitchen (with chimney).  The two story addition had the chimney built in, but is residential only.

All the additions should have all texture variations.

Textures

There seven siding textures I am looking for...

1. Gray (weathered look) wood shingles, with diamond paned casement windows and slab wood doors

2. Brown (weathered look) wood shingles, with diamond paned casement windows and slab wood doors.

3. Dark Red painted clapboard with sash windows and brown panel doors.  Trim should match paint color.

4. White painted clapboard with sash windows and red panel doors. Trim should match paint color.

5. Yellow painted clapboard with sash windows and white (maybe red, I'll let you pick which works better) panel doors. Trim should be white.

6. Brown painted clapboard with sash windows and white (or red) panel doors.  Trim should match paint color (may also look good red or white, you pick.)

7. Dark Blue-Gray painted clapboard with sash windows and white panel doors.  Trim should be white.

All of the foundations should be medium gray granite, chimneys should be red brick (except the one previously mentioned), and all roofs should be medium-dark gray (weathered) wooden shingles (probably a bit darker than the siding shingles).

Have fun guys... I know this is a big undertaking, but i think it will be amazing when we are done. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/4x2.thumb.jpeg.e811a3fcfb70dc53a286517f30860a6f.jpeg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/4x3.thumb.jpeg.4a381de3b0e799bf6fb0283ea7b9cc84.jpeg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/5x3a.thumb.jpeg.5d63d7b58d90ce31e1ec5c186bb574b2.jpeg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/5x3b.thumb.jpeg.fdb665a2ae3f33ca08954c7b09b7894e.jpeg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/58541ed11a52e_ModularExtensions.thumb.jpeg.978f55a05bdde521256440c16540d3a3.jpeg[/img]

Great sketches! Keep up the great work! I love how you try to stay historically accurate.

You inspired me to tweak/remake my rowhouses before but now you inspire me to also make corner houses. My houses were based off what I saw on Google Image Search. Are you applying the textures yourself or will ShockPuppet do that? If you do them yourself, do you have access to <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> textures? I was planning on using monochrome with words placeholder textures on my models and send them to ShockPuppet (or rather upload them onto my Google Drive) for him to switch out with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> textures.

I believe that shock and a couple of others are going to do the modeling as i am completely lacking in that skill.  Thank you for the encouragement and I am glad i insoired you to go further with your work. I have been looking forward to your houses for a long time.

Yeah, I made my buildings in January without knowing the scale. I was told that 3 columns of windows was a bit much, making the windows too narrow. It should take me the course of a day or two of free time on my desktop (which I don't know when will happen) to fix the models. UVW unwrapping, however, might take too long so I will only do it on the last 2 tiers (because they are boxier)... unless requested to do it myself by ShockPuppet.

I would like to add a little fuel to the fire on getting this mod going... I would like to propose a little challenge... If I could get a working set of models by Friday... A $50 donation to Black Liquid shall be made in your name...  Who's in?

Your buildings are relatively easy to make in 3ds Max. I could whip up the models (untextured)along with my revised rowhouses over the course of 3 hours, upload all the models with a link here, and donate $30 when I do that. If I do my part before Tuesday 8pm UTC (12pm PST), I will donate an additional $20 on Christmas Eve if your houses and mine get made into either a standalone mod needing <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> or MegaMod (or both) by Black Liquid. That means they could get a $100 Christmas donation.

I am absolutely on board with that. 

Please tell me what you think of my attempt at modelling Hoxie House.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/ThePilgrim_HoxieHouse.png.4f46fa4503822c4ea5175cf4291757ac.png[/img]

I wouldn't go by the first set of drawings as there was the (serious) problem of scale. Please use the drawings from page 3 posted on 12/16. The hoxie house is closest to the top design on the 4x3 houses. These drawings are much more accurate and based on the technical drawings I found from the library of Congress. 

But you have a good start. 

BTW the scale on the graph paper is 1 square =1 foot. 6 squares = 1 banished tile. 

[Image: bEYwzz8.png]

Here are the main houses. I will upload the lean-tos, extensions, and corner pieces in a separate file.