More animals?

Just had this thought and posted it in another thread but it seems to go here too.

Quote:
On 12/14/2016 at 9:51 AM, ShockPuppet said:

<div class="ipsQuote_contents">

Yeah probably, but it's inelegant when it could be great.

One day if I feel like torturing myself, giving myself a migraine and crying I'll add something like rabbits. I would have to reduce wild ducks, and add a fur clothing option. Otherwise it'll be the "feathers not leather!?" debacle all over again. 

The trapper will then just be like a small Hunter really. 

</div>

<p style="color:rgb(102,102,102);font-family:Tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(251,251,251);">
I was just thinking as a smaller easier step to incorporating new animals, would it be possible to use the domesticated animals and animal pens and just make more of them. Like a rabit pen that makes fur and rabbit meat or a goat pen that makes milk and leather/fur?  etc. That way you get the resource and the animals with out the headache until you have the time to put the full version into the game .

Quote:
6 hours ago, cainacol12 said:

would it be possible to use the domesticated animals and animal pens and just make more of them.

yep it would be [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:

Every time I see a request for rabbits, they assume we would need a new resource - fur. Why not just make the rabbits drop leather? The same as cows or deer? I personally would love to see a tiny "hutch" building (Discrepancy's Beehive with a remodeled front for example), that produces rabbit meat and has a small chance of producing a leather. It takes 10 - 20 rabbit furs to make a coat, so the hutch would produce much less leather than a cow. Making it a building would also mean you wouldn't have to animate any new animals. To me it's about variety and realism. Not necessarily about new chains.

P.S. - I do appreciate the animal pens, they are great for space savers... But I'd personally like some that are more personalized for each animal. Right now there are three and by putting the chicken coop in the middle, they look good. I don't think I'd like 5-6+ of them in a row (Which I always do) that look pretty much the same. It would be nice for everything to have it's own sort of building. Like a rabbit hutch or mini aviary or something.

you are talking domesticated rabbits and fur trapping. 2 different ideas. the fur trapper idea has been an ongoing discussion for a while. i think the fur would be warmer more like the wool. and i think its more historically accurate. the problem with a fur trader is the animals bein animated like the deer are. now the way you describe the pens is fine but i still would rather they produce fur.

as to the pens. i would like to see a bigger pen. and a ghost decoration for a chicken coop that could be placed in a pasture would be nice. i do realize there are many ideas floating around the site and the team is very busy between getting the new site set up and reinputting data and the next release. maybe after new years a new post for new ideas should be started. and hopefully we all remember those good ideas as well.

Quote:
On ‎2016‎-‎12‎-‎18 at 7:23 PM, stiles said:

you are talking domesticated rabbits and fur trapping. 2 different ideas. the fur trapper idea has been an ongoing discussion for a while. i think the fur would be warmer more like the wool. and i think its more historically accurate. the problem with a fur trader is the animals bein animated like the deer are. now the way you describe the pens is fine but i still would rather they produce fur.

I would love to have fur. It's just that if there's a choice between having the rabbits with no fur and not having them at all because they DO have fur, I'd rather take the animal and pretend. Then they could always add the fur in later on if they wanted, or if someone else was willing to take on the resources.

As for the difference between fur trapping and domesticated rabbits, did you know that domesticated rabbits were bred out of wild caught stock? They managed to catch some live and kept them in makeshift cages until they were ready to eat them. Being stereotypical rabbits, they started breeding and somebody's lightbulb went off. So it wouldn't be out of the question or the time frame to have them in hutches or buildings instead of only from the hunters. The biggest difference would be that the hunters would be on a much larger scale than in hutches. But then you don't have the guarantee of the hunters catching them either, so I'd say they even themselves out... (Not saying you have an issue with that. Just thought it was interesting. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> )

Pigs are a <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> asset, aren't they? If so then we could have wild pigs. Maybe not as standard but perhaps as an add-on?

I love all of your mods and creative ideas, my only thing is I hate loading the game and finding horses, buffalo and llamas as my meat option. I would love to know how I can not get these animals in my game. The animals themselves are nice looking in the game but eating them!!!!!!!! I would also like to donate using card without any paypal interference. Is this possible? Thanks for everything

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4123-colonist/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4123" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4123-colonist/">@colonist</a>have you tried this? http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/files/file/47-livestock-for-trade/