Maple Forester

Quote:
10 minutes ago, Paeng said:

Yeah, or waiting for the right trader to get the lousy 20 apples needed... 30 years later [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/584634be8a574_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic535.png[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

Guilty as charged [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

But I got fed up with waiting after a few more years and had them removed and replaced with trees that I did have seeds for.

I'm still chuckling at the memory!

I suppose if getting the fruit for 'free' really bothered you, you could mod the hut to require those fruit to be built. Like the decorative trees need fruit. They would be your 'seed stock'.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> I'm just skipping through the forums, passing some time, and can't believe I never saw this. I have not tried any of your new foresters, I stopped using MegaMod because to was too much, so can't see it now. But I would like to know how you got the trees to grow pots of maple? I was thinking of how to get a forester type building, or orchard, that would produce resin from pines but couldn't think of how you would make it visually good. If you can make it so the trees have little collectors on them, that is awesome. Are the buckets of maple spawned next to the trees, or on the trees? Does the forester still only produce wood when the trees are cut?

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a>I went through and made new NaturalResource files for each one. The Forester plants the trees, and the trees spawn their designated resource. I didn't make new models, so they are just baskets of fruit on the ground. 

Then I set the Gatherer so that it would collect all of these new fruits. Although you could also make a different building that only collects a specific one.

When the tree gets old, it gets chopped down by the forester for logs.

[Image: FELyVJ.jpg]

The trees aren't fully grown yet, but you get the idea.

Edit:

I realized after I posted that this was more directed at the Maple Forester, but the same thing applies to all of them. I made a different forester for every orchard seed we have. Just substitute the little maple buckets for the orange crates in the above picture. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
On 11/28/2016 at 4:42 AM, Kralyerg said:

I had the exact same thought.

If you use MegaMod, and go into the Themed Toolbar, and find the Kave toolbar, there is a whole set of different orchard tree Foresters.  Maple Forester is among them.

I put things in that Kave Toolbar that are a little bit out there, or unbalancing to the game.  Because you don't need the original seeds to build these Foresters, it lets you get any fruit you want for free, basically.

Edit:

I didn't let it run enough to see them, but the maple trees will grow little tiny buckets of Maple Sap. (I didn't want to make brand new models for them).

And then you need a Gatherer's Hut to harvest them, just like other wild growing foods. Or you can manually use the Clear Wild Foods tool to send you laborers to harvest the Sap.

[Image: IvvjKXS.jpg]

Haha, it took me a few seasons to work out it needed a Gatherer next to your Kollection [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />  

I start with 4 foresters then as soon as the gatherer has started getting a good haul I pull it right back down to 2 for maintenance.

Next map I'm going to see what happens if I overlap a few of the buildings and see if the gatherer gets a decent haul with a range of different items, rather than 2 gatherers per forester x XX foresters built [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />