Maple Forester

Just a weird idea I had when I was thinking about wild crops. One of the ideas was to have maple sap as a wild product that spawned around wild maple trees. Then I got to thinking, why not then make a forester that only produces maple trees. Would give a whole new flavor to your maple sugar production, and you wouldn't need seeds to get it started. Usefully to if you want to make a wilderness town that is producing maple syrup.

I had the exact same thought.

If you use MegaMod, and go into the Themed Toolbar, and find the Kave toolbar, there is a whole set of different orchard tree Foresters.  Maple Forester is among them.

I put things in that Kave Toolbar that are a little bit out there, or unbalancing to the game.  Because you don't need the original seeds to build these Foresters, it lets you get any fruit you want for free, basically.

Edit:

I didn't let it run enough to see them, but the maple trees will grow little tiny buckets of Maple Sap. (I didn't want to make brand new models for them).

And then you need a Gatherer's Hut to harvest them, just like other wild growing foods. Or you can manually use the Clear Wild Foods tool to send you laborers to harvest the Sap.

[Image: IvvjKXS.jpg]

I love the orchard foresters Kralyerg. I make a forest node early in the game using a Gatherer, regular forester, and an orchard forester (usually apples, cherries, or peaches). Add a few houses, a barn and perhaps a wood cutter or herbalist, and it's a good start to the game. I don't like having my bannies starve.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> is that maple forester using the maples from 1.6? I made them bigger in TFA [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I don't remember. If I remember correctly, I did it all after TFA was released, so would assume it's whatever size TFA has.  I'll check after work.

Could existent fruit be used for these as prerequisites? Ie: Apple Forester needs like 200 apples in addition to the other construction costs? It might make things a bit more balanced, so you'd either need the capability to plant Apple trees already, or import enough for specifically that purpose. Kinda like the Rice plantations for the docks set?

Quote:
On 12/10/2016 at 8:35 PM, MackGideon said:

Could existent fruit be used for these as prerequisites? Ie: Apple Forester needs like 200 apples in addition to the other construction costs? It might make things a bit more balanced, so you'd either need the capability to plant Apple trees already, or import enough for specifically that purpose. Kinda like the Rice plantations for the docks set?

I think it might be possible because the decorative fruit trees in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> require some of the fruit to build them e.g. a peach tree requires something like 2 wood and 20 peaches (I don't actually remember the correct numbers but you get the idea).

Quote:
24 minutes ago, KevinTheCynic said:

the decorative fruit trees in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> require some of the fruit to build them

Tehehe... yeah, that one used to annoy me no end when I was on a "decorating binge"... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/584630576de28_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic538.png[/img]

But true, for a fruit tree forester that would make sense... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
Just now, Paeng said:

Tehehe... yeah, that one used to annoy me no end when I was on a "decorating binge"... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/584630576de28_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic538.png[/img]

But true, for a fruit tree forester that would make sense... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Oh yeah I can understand that! I was thoroughly pissed off once when I built a nice little back alley between some houses, decorated with benches and fruit trees... the houses got built, the benches got built, the lane got built... the fruit trees... didn't.

I had selected something like pear trees when the only orchards I had were apples and walnuts. And that part doesn't annoy me as much as the fact that I actually waited a few game years for them to be finished before I realized the mistake I had made. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/5846341c16f5c_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic476.png[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Quote:
14 minutes ago, KevinTheCynic said:

I actually waited a few game years for them to be finished

Yeah, or waiting for the right trader to get the lousy 20 apples needed... 30 years later [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/584634be8a574_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic535.png[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />