Wild Resources and Starting Conditions

Quote:
8 hours ago, Denis de la Rive said:

Adding it as a wild resources is a dangerous road to take, it could simply unbalance the whole mod, forcing choices on players.

Matching all elements of a mod to a specific climatic condition is best done as a single condition mod like Tom Sawer's "The North" on WoB, I think he even re-skinned the deer into reindeer. I know its a very good mod, but for technical reasons not <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> or <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> compatible. Asking <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> to do that for all its starting conditions is both monumental, and goes against the inclusive nature of Banished modding.

Oh no, not on the scale you are thinking about. I'm thinking more about organizing the trees at the start of the game in a more geographical manner. The way I understand it, wild resources are spawned by the trees themselves. Change the trees and you change the resources that spawn. That was how the Tree of Life mod worked. As a side effect, you can create a simulated biome by making certain trees spawn certain wild resources, and then making starting condition that spawned a certain mix of trees.

Could this work?

Well, it's true that different trees can spawn different things. At this exact moment, they all spawn the same thing, but it could be differentiated, with different starting conditions giving you different trees, and hence, different wild growing resources.

So something like tree sap could make both maple products and turpentine?

I'm confused about what we're talking about.  Converting tree sap into maple products and turpentine sounds like a normal process that would be done at a normal building. Not related to the wild growing things.

Exactly tree sap as the raw resource  collected from trees, that is converted by different buildings into different products, according to where it goes. It would simplify the production of maple products and prepare for other chains, I have researched. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Please just don't modify my fav starting conditon All The Wild Things   [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

The only change I would like to see it be given is maybe a Medium version of it (where the resources don't respawn as often or you don't get as many resources as you do on Easy when you start a new game).   [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Quote:
On 2016-12-03 at 0:11 PM, Denis de la Rive said:

Exactly tree sap as the raw resource  collected from trees, that is converted by different buildings into different products, according to where it goes. It would simplify the production of maple products and prepare for other chains, I have researched. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

So you mean like making barrels, distilling maple syrup, making lacquer, all being done by a generic sap resource that is converted at a building? I dunno, the reason maple syrup is so expensive is that you can't just do that to any old tree. I'd rather have sap resources be more specialized, at least for things like maple syrup and rubber.