Idea for Traders

So what or is there any solution to this?

I mean , sure I can place a very low limit on how many resources get stored, but what happens when I cut paths across areas to get to another area in which I want to build in?   Will the resources such as logs, stone, Iron , herbs, and food just lay there forever until I finally decide I need them and ask workers to go pick them up?  Or will they disappear somewhere along the line?

I just miss being able to use the Town Hall [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />   Right now I have to go open each and every storage building/pile I have on my map just so I can calculate if I have enough of a certain resource to build something special.  Hope that made sense.

And I don't want to give up playing with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> or some of the other beautiful mods I play with.  

What is the name of the object <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> is suggesting in their 2nd paragraph?

At this point I am willing to try anything to see if it will help reduce the lag that happens when I use the TH.

Quote:
On 12/2/2016 at 11:49 AM, Necora said:

I think the problem you are encountering is not just the range of visible resources but also the fact that every time an item is moved into or out of a storage area the town hall inventory is recalculated and when you get a lot of goods being produced and used the calculations can cause lag. Adding a trade option to get rid of this item will not help, as the item will still be placed into the storage then removed by the trader, hence as Kralyerg said will still be recorded and re-calculated in the town hall, albeit briefly.

If you wanted to try to move resources somewhere else, then you can build a trader or a specialty barn that employs a worker to collect certain goods (I can't remember the name of it now but it acts like a trader but with out the trade option). Set the limit of the good you want out of the way to 9999 and the worker will constantly pick it up and move it to the trader or barn where it is basically in long term storage and not available for use. Either that, or get something like Red Ketchups choo choo mod that will sell any of a given resource for coin and use the coin to buy something else of higher value. Although, I doubt that this will solve the lag problem of resources and numbers being re-calculated in the town hall inventory as even though the resource is not accumulating they are still being moved into or out of storage on their way to the barn, and re-calculated each time.

The only option I see that will really reduce the lag is to just stop producing that item if you do not use it. It will remain in the town hall inventory list, but won't be constantly re-calculated as none are being produced or used.

EDIT - Some of this issue is when you are viewing the updating numbers in the inventory, I assume these calculations are always going on in the background of the game but because it doesn't need to show you the results so there is not as much lag as when you are watching them update in real time. Try minimizing the town hall window when you are not using it. I remember minimizing a trader window to stop them paddling away while I waited for more stock to trade and I think I remember the lag issues going away until it was maximized. That way you can keep it open and do not have to find your way back each time but you are not viewing the numbers, so the calculations are going on in the back ground and will hopefully not lag (as they do when you don't have it open). Give this a go and let me know if it works!

I am using BlackLiquids' MegaMod to play my game with , which already has Red's Choo Choo in it.  So I will give it a whirl once I get a couple of small towns built.  

And as to you suggestion in your 2nd paragraph, I will try to figure out what building you are talking about there.   Right now I have no clue which one that is or if it is even a <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> building.

And to your comment about the windows... I usually use the Pin icon to keep the window open, I never ever thought about just minimizing it , Thank You for that suggestion [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I am gonna give all this a go and will report back.

Quote:
5 minutes ago, rejectedegg said:

Right now I have no clue which one that is or if it is even a <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> building.

Sounds like the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> "Distribution Barn"...

Or maybe the "Chartered Company" - hopefully got that name right... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/584633cc30e58_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic462.png[/img]

Quote:
54 minutes ago, Paeng said:

Sounds like the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> "Distribution Barn"...

Or maybe the "Chartered Company" - hopefully got that name right... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/584633cc30e58_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic462.png[/img]

Ty <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="14" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/">@Paeng</a>  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />    I will try them both since I never have before   

Ah ha   Found that which <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> was describing.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/2413-elemental/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="2413" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/2413-elemental/">@elemental</a> spoke of it here  http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/topic/320-help-with-distribution-of-goods-and-suggestions/

Its the Resource Depot [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> 

Returning to the first post, you can always over pay when you trade to clear out space. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/5846347f69072_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic495.png[/img]

Quote:
On 12/2/2016 at 11:49 AM, Necora said:

I think the problem you are encountering is not just the range of visible resources but also the fact that every time an item is moved into or out of a storage area the town hall inventory is recalculated and when you get a lot of goods being produced and used the calculations can cause lag. Adding a trade option to get rid of this item will not help, as the item will still be placed into the storage then removed by the trader, hence as Kralyerg said will still be recorded and re-calculated in the town hall, albeit briefly.

If you wanted to try to move resources somewhere else, then you can build a trader or a specialty barn that employs a worker to collect certain goods (I can't remember the name of it now but it acts like a trader but with out the trade option). Set the limit of the good you want out of the way to 9999 and the worker will constantly pick it up and move it to the trader or barn where it is basically in long term storage and not available for use. Either that, or get something like Red Ketchups choo choo mod that will sell any of a given resource for coin and use the coin to buy something else of higher value. Although, I doubt that this will solve the lag problem of resources and numbers being re-calculated in the town hall inventory as even though the resource is not accumulating they are still being moved into or out of storage on their way to the barn, and re-calculated each time.

The only option I see that will really reduce the lag is to just stop producing that item if you do not use it. It will remain in the town hall inventory list, but won't be constantly re-calculated as none are being produced or used.

EDIT - Some of this issue is when you are viewing the updating numbers in the inventory, I assume these calculations are always going on in the background of the game but because it doesn't need to show you the results so there is not as much lag as when you are watching them update in real time. Try minimizing the town hall window when you are not using it. I remember minimizing a trader window to stop them paddling away while I waited for more stock to trade and I think I remember the lag issues going away until it was maximized. That way you can keep it open and do not have to find your way back each time but you are not viewing the numbers, so the calculations are going on in the back ground and will hopefully not lag (as they do when you don't have it open). Give this a go and let me know if it works!

I am so far using the Resource Depot as per your suggestion in your 2nd paragraph.  Don't have a Town Hall built yet, too early in the New Game I had to start.   Did have a Large Map going but it met it's death when it went up against a Fatal Access Error.

So I went back to working on a Medium Map, since it seems to be the only Map Size I have an success in building a full town(s) on.  Not sure why I always get knocked out of building on Large Maps but that is a story for another day  LoL

Ok here is my report back  I built a Tiny Town Hall and  Resource Depot (even though I had to cheat a bit to build the RD).

As soon as I opened the TH, boom Snail Pace Entered   [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

I left some things open such as the speed I have my game set to, the TH window (for referencing) the RD window (for referencing) amd included the game info (map size, Starting conditions, etc)

I guess I just don't get to have a TH [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="162" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/5849b322ad96d_SnailPaceyetagain.png.a223320940d7567cc37c478a9e501500.png">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/5849b327965b9_SnailPaceyetagain.thumb.png.de274f02e060843277b0fe895fe3dbea.png[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="164" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/5849b3b924f59_Snailpaceyetagain3.png.82db9442a349848ae3411019a41d45d1.png">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/5849b3becac6c_Snailpaceyetagain3.thumb.png.21473f589cc4b0b347e0389d7f71a70a.png[/img]</a>

I Give Up!

Quote:
11 minutes ago, rejectedegg said:

I guess I just don't get to have a TH

Oh, hopefully you don't have to go without a TH - as long as no better solution comes up, I would go like this:

* use the snapshot tool to center a view on your TH (so you can easily jump there any time);

* pause your game before opening the TH dialog (space bar);

* do not use the "minimize" button, but always close the TH dialog...

Aside from that, I'd run some tests before your next town (vanilla, some mods, all mods, different start conditions etc.) to see if that problem hits you always or only in a particular (mod) configuration...

Hth

Quote:
2 minutes ago, Paeng said:

Oh, hopefully you don't have to go without a TH - as long as no better solution comes up, I would go like this:

* use the snapshot tool to center a view on your TH (so you can easily jump there any time);

* pause your game before opening the TH dialog (space bar);

* do not use the "minimize" button, but always close the TH dialog...

Aside from that, I'd run some tests before your next town (vanilla, some mods, all mods, different start conditions etc.) to see if that problem hits you always or only in a particular (mod) configuration...

Hth

I will give that a try.   Really want to eventually get one full town(s)/map done.   Have not achieved this since <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>:EA  LoL