Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1

Question, are we also going to have a new weaver with this update? The old one is rather large and clunky

Quote:
44 minutes ago, Feneris said:

Question, are we also going to have a new weaver with this update? The old one is rather large and clunky

I did do a new Clothier.

Weaver has been off my radar, I should probably redo it. Don't forget there's the watermill version too.

Quote:
6 hours ago, ShockPuppet said:

yep. its a dump

All it needs now is a moonshine still... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/moonshine.jpg.a4ead55b8f88ec0a587c8b25f432078c.jpg" data-fileid="750">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/moonshine.thumb.jpg.77b0d82eba6447f42ea1a87c5fe48681.jpg[/img]</a>

Now slowly we will have our small Alaska Last Frontier Banished Edition, i love it. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

so heres a new Rustic Abode. This is in the same textures of the new lumber yard, combined with some town abode. It upgrades into town abode, although its rather cozy on its own

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/ra.jpg.68d59a7a97fbe796184451c9d7d18abe.jpg[/img]

minor update to the weavers. added some more 3d, updated the front covered area

[Image: VqtOZA.jpg]

Quote:
2 hours ago, ShockPuppet said:

so heres a new Rustic Abode. This is in the same textures of the new lumber yard, combined with some town abode. It upgrades into town abode, although its rather cozy on its own

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/ra.jpg.68d59a7a97fbe796184451c9d7d18abe.jpg[/img]

That is great news to me. I really like having less sophisticated style houses for making the early start of a town.

I pretty much have all the well known mods that add other houses so that I can achieve some sort of visual progression from the quick & easy to construct, rough homes of the town's founding to the more technical architecture of its expansion into a large town. Having more houses that are rustic or "rough" is a big bonus and I also really like the visual progression provided by your rustic house - that is: - wood building, earthen foundations --> wood building, stone foundations --> stone building, stone foundations. It gives a sense of technical & construction progression and it just looks good too!

So is that a door up there on the second storey of the weaver? I haven't used that weaver in a while (I generally build the waterwheel version) but from memory there is a boarded-up door on the roof, which sort of explains the crates and things.

So now to bug you... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />  Are they walking on your new leather/cloth roof to get at those crates? Are you going to increase the chance of death for weavers? Or maybe they just send the children out there on the roof to grab some cotton from one of those crates.

I like the new flat awning/roof (the old version looked a bit strange with that upwards-sloping bit) but if you're keeping the crates perhaps part of it should be timber?

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/2413-elemental/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="2413" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/2413-elemental/">@elemental</a> its a boarded up window. Theyre just placing their boxes there as the inside of the building is spilling outside

nothing here is finalised with this trader at all, colours, style, the works.

[Image: rQ3b4A.jpg]