Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1

Quote:
10 hours ago, Necora said:

the 'rough' look you give to the wooden planks, is that trickery with the 3D model or is it trickery with the texture?

It's the texture [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

edit:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> specifically, this one:

(oversized original)

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/cc17OldBridgeWalkway.png.efcc69640ab667bfd5ecfebdaa00c8ea.png[/img]

So, theres been calls about a better animal pen for milking cows and such. More volume. More things. I listened. Take a look at what im working on [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

[Image: wvnpI1.jpg]

PUMP ALL THE COWS

As to how it will work.... its best we don't mention it.

Next building, cow counselling.

so what we have here that im working on at the moment is a Cow Milking Parlour

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/tempa.jpg.b7214ed678eb459eecc3eadc20b1d1e6.jpg[/img]

And then with a modular addon for the side, it takes over the function of the Dairy building making cheese and butter etc:

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/temp.jpg.d057bc401a103bb2bac3084d8c08150f.jpg[/img]

Ill also make the main milking building upgradeable, for those that need the ultimate in moo juice extraction.

Theres a bit of fantasy about this design, i know. I like to do that from time to time.

Edit:

So i just realised that you can put 2 of the smaller dairy side buildings next to each other to make a double dairy building barn ... thing... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/temp1a.jpg.b8074fe343bface77e73baf3f90db1c1.jpg[/img]

ShockPuppet, yes  the modualr idea does give you so many options. your milk unit looks like an old steam boiler.lol. the only idea i come up with is an old milk cooler for milk cans or an ice house. but that does not help production.hmm what bout a shipping platform with the barrels instead??how much more production do others want? i like the texture of your barn doors,but could it be painted a faded red??? or use the wood gain of the doors to the walls under that red?

Quote:
53 minutes ago, stiles said:

ShockPuppet, yes  the modualr idea does give you so many options. your milk unit looks like an old steam boiler.lol. the only idea i come up with is an old milk cooler for milk cans or an ice house. but that does not help production.hmm what bout a shipping platform with the barrels instead??how much more production do others want? i like the texture of your barn doors,but could it be painted a faded red??? or use the wood gain of the doors to the walls under that red?

It does look a bit much, wait until I milkify it (hey a new word!)

I'll look at tweaking the door colour yeah [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I'll make some additional tweaks you've given me an idea about something 

Now i miss only some ruins or something, and i will got perfect city builder. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

oh am good at hang ideas. but i dont want to upset or confuse modders who work so hard.

ok so i did an update [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Regular building in the front, and Upgraded at the back. Now theres no requirement to have the milk canister visual if you dont want.

While i was at it I added a cold storage with a large vat of milk inside, door held open by a rod and hook. Im going to put a simple weather vane on top of that roof.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/new.jpg.9132562b8408f158bd252ae49ae6f3e7.jpg" data-fileid="328">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/new.thumb.jpg.f62b2dc8830a0dd6a0a56c4e36433661.jpg[/img]</a>

did you check out the colonial barn set at WOB? do i dare ask how you get the ice up over that milk vat?? i could see uses for that little shed thou... couple small windows and we have a chicken coop. i'm goina get sent to the corner soon huh?

Nice. Can I suggest making the milk boiler thing an optional extra? It looks a bit scary. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462e7ee2574_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic114.png[/img][img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/ohmy.png[/img]/emoticons/ohmy@2x.png 2x" title=":o" width="20" />

The red and white looks good but perhaps a brown version might also be nice. There aren't many red and white buildings but there are lots of brown/grey buildings. Or are you planning a whole set of red and white farm buildings?