Maritimes Development Thread

Excellent work <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  Glad to see i'm not completely nuts [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />  And someone was able to replicate the issues that I've been having. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
7 hours ago, Necora said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> hmm, you and <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8298" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/">@stiles</a> seem to be reporting a similar thing. You don't happen to use an aging mod or something that also messes with the time it takes for trees to grow do you? Perhaps somehow the wild flora mod is interfering here? I don't know how that is coded, but it shouldn't impact the foresters. You should start to see traps (and the maple sap, pine resin, chanterelles, blueberries, cranberries, apples etc.) after about 8 months from building the tower if you have cleared the area and the trappers will start harvesting them ASAP. Then they should become pretty prolific in the radius. I have noticed that sometimes trappers can be a bit slow on the get go, but not that slow. I can't remember the numbers I was getting now, but I know after just a couple of years I had way more fur and pelts than I needed although game is a little lower than I would have liked.

Will try again tonight with a small map, completely cleared and build all in debug mode (so they all start at same time), then see what happens.

I do have a tree aging mod, it makes them last longer.  I can disable it and see what happens.  Will report back [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
1 hour ago, QueryEverything said:

Excellent work <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  Glad to see i'm not completely nuts [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />  And someone was able to replicate the issues that I've been having. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Cheers [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> and yeah, I reckon we can safely assume you are not completely nuts... we can assume that can't we? <please let the answer be "yes"> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

Pesky would probably work okay if it's placed way down the load order (i.e. below just about any mod that alters resource creation) but I believe the extra crop you get from it isn't worth the hassle of putting it in the right load location considering that it causes the game to freeze and needs a computer restart to clear. I would have been happy with just a CTD but restarting "everything" annoys me!

Still, it did create massive fields of wild pumpkins or wild lettuce for me on some maps and I'm going to miss that, - and I mean massive, nothing else would grow because the pumpkins/lettuce were like an invasive weed, growing anywhere there was an open space! The area would have been about 20 x 15 squares covered in pumpkins... Ah, memories... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Quote:
On 23-4-2017 at 0:07 AM, Necora said:

Oh and those reeds are pretty cool, mind mixing up the heights of them for decorations so we can have them go down a river bank? So we can place them at lower levels and they are low to the ground.

Ah yes, decorations don't adapt to the height of the terrain like natural resources do right? Thanks for the tip, I will do that.

Quote:
11 hours ago, Necora said:

Cheers <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> I thought that might be the case. I've made a(nother) new material and it does the job. Do you use this at all in your natdiv stuff? Do you notice any significant change in performance with no culling? I assume it is done to prevent wasted effort and resources drawing faces you'll never see, but I wonder if the trees would look more full with culling off. On a few fallen decorations there will be no change in performance, but if I were to do it on the other trees that fill the map... I wonder if it will be too much for the game to handle? I guess I can try and see if it makes any difference in both visual and performance. Would be nice if it made the trees fuller though.

I haven't done any tests on how it affects performance, but I haven't really noticed any differences in that respect. As for the visual effects, the only noticable change I've found for meshes where the back faces (or front faces) are not visible anyway is that for some materials it seems to make the shadow a bit stronger.

Update to the Trappers numbers <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="2168" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/58fe015a0c464_20170424Screenshot604.jpg.3687a311f4466ae8c06d2f08468e4ad5.jpg">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/58fe015a47dd9_20170424Screenshot604.thumb.jpg.98319f91ab3ec9f672ec7ef5615913bd.jpg[/img]</a> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

This screenshot is after 5+ years of an established forest.

No overlap between each of them, and all identical tiles used (no more, no less than the others).  All barns are placed exactly the same, so that they don't have to travel far for placement.

All Bannies are educated (I used the debug for the bannies, they have full hearts & stars).

Is it right that the Trappers in the Maple forest aren't getting eggs??  Maybe, I never noticed until now.

Yup, I reread the release notes [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:

New Dynamic - Trapping and associated Natural Resources - The trapping chain has now changed. There are two new types of trapping mechanism. In vanilla forests, and the forest spawned at the start of the game, various wild animals occur. These include fox holes (fur), rabbit holes (game), nests (eggs), and beaver lodges (pelt). With the pine and maple forests, traps will spawn instead of these wild resources, apart from nest (eggs) which will still occur in pine forests only. 

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> found this little glitch, so far it's only these 2.  

I don't normally notice these things as I 'set & forget' for buildings ...  Will check out the others more closely next time round. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/5901e04d47618_20170427Screenshot646.jpg.aed9ed57e50fd525f0c5c744a02761bf.jpg[/img]

... What glitch?

Uploaded wrong pic, sorry. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />  

Let me explain - or hope that this pic shows you what I mean.

Not sure if it's a glitch, or it's by design, the odd sizing in the build UI.

It's not in all the buildings, but the ones with orange ovals, so far.  The blue rectangles are ok. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  I've checked most of the buildings, but haven't finished all the mods yet.

If it's not a glitch, I'm cool [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/5903572385982_20170429Screenshot674.thumb.jpg.0ac05ef7a90d63059c8f2e64076d73d6.jpg[/img]

hmmmm looks like someone made some experimentations with the 6 building requirement window and forgot to replace everything back to normal lol

Not sure I understand... is it because they are not all the same size?

If so, then it might be because they have different UI codes because some of the names are quite long. If you look at the finished building's UI, then some will be longer than others, because otherwise their names don't fit!

Also, I went through the Pine Set and standardized the UI size as much as possible (apart from where the names are longer) but didn't get around to doing it for the other sets yet, so they use a UI I made that is far too large for them.

I don't think it is due to the build requirements, I didn't play with those, so i am guessing it is because it is using the 'maritimesdialog' which has a bigger UI.