Maritimes Development Thread

First off, thank you to all who have answered my questions over the last couple of days, you've been a massive help.

Secondly, a huge thank you to <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a> for your tutorial over at WOB. Very well put together.

So You may have noticed by now I have been asking a lot of questions. Well, I have been bumbling my way through making a mod, from learning to model, texture, and compile. So far, after a lot of trial and error, I have come up with a house (with F-variants!!!) that bannies will actually live in and doesn't crash the game (well the mod kit version of the game anyway).

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Picture1.jpg.b178908ea9aa08bdd97e649953bae0b6.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Picture2.jpg.4e77eee774916f251702423293e90369.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Picture3.jpg.5a22645469cc1db3501c53786083e543.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Picture4.jpg.c8b3bc88ba8e7134740bce27bd80d361.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Picture6.jpg.fb7ee89c16c2d5c48badf570b5f8c15e.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Picture7.jpg.9267160a70c1d4b9f4f28084c11f70c1.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Picture8.jpg.34a5df4752f65336b4666ef1ac614ad5.jpg[/img]

It is meant to be a shore fisher, but as the tutorial was for a house, that is what we have. Looking through the resources in the mod kit, I even managed to compile F-variants (all huts in the above pictures are F-variants) and make it sit on water without flattening the ground. However, turning it into a production building and making additional walkways were not so productive. Following the apiary example I did manage to get it in game in the food toolbar and employ a beekeeper to produce honey, however after a year nothing was produced and when I built two the game crashed eventually crashed. 

With the walkways, I could not figure out how to put them into the same instance as the houses only as another mod, and for some reason my 3 package.bat did nothing, well it ran without errors, but I couldn't find a mod anywhere.

I will continue my quests to make something functional!

I do have a request though, would someone be willing to send me the .rsc files for some dock pieces and things so I can explore them? The examples in the mod kit are pretty minimal (and also quite varied in the lay out and order of items in the template files which really doesn't help)

Looks very nice.

outstanding! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Heres a link to some dock rsc files from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr>:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3t1P7j...sp=sharing

Thanks! And thanks for the files, I'll have a look through them. It might be a while before I figure out how to get them to produce properly, and that means I have to start making resources too.

How does making resources work when most of them are already in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>?

Now, I am trying to decide the best way to arrange these huts. The initial idea was that they would produce one of a range of shellfish options that you chose (5 huts = 5 options). You would place a hut, then use a drop down menu to select a shellfish. However, I also had the idea of adding another couple of textures, one being a more 'fresh' looking wood and the other being a bit more colorful, perhaps some trims and doors of various colors after all the maritimes are a colorful place! That, however, becomes a lot of F-variants, I'm not sure if there is a maximum. So I then thought to have each hut produce a certain shellfish, and has 3 variants of color. For example, the one in the middle would produce mussels, and would have a grey, fresh, and red trimmed variant. The one on the far right would produce clams, and have a grey, fresh, and green trim variant etc... perhaps this is easier... Which do you think would be best (if possible)?

And for a little teaser...

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="236" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Screenshot48.jpg.6a99b29a6dffeb995a7f20874e9b08ac.jpg">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Screenshot48.thumb.jpg.19bc8a5cf71ab1f99d3da9ea13f070a6.jpg[/img]</a>

I started working on the next level up of fishers. These will be inshore fishers, based on old lobster fishing huts in Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia. They will require hull components to build, and will produce a range of 'medium' produce, lobster, a few fish (herring? tuna? mackerel?... I have to see what <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a> is adding into his dock set), and shrimp. These will have the same structure as the shore huts above, whatever that decides to be, but will definitely have good color variants. I think in this example it could actually be a 4x4 sized building rather than 3x4. Perhaps even 4x5.

All suggestions/tips/advice/criticisms (constructive of course) are very appreciated.

the fish that @elemental and I have added to DSSV are: Bass, Bream, Carp, Cod, Eel, Mullet, Perch, Pike, Salmon, Tench & Trout

I am also adding in a few molluscs: Clams, Mussels and Snails, these have template files called RawMaterialMolluscClam.rsc etc, same as the fish which are named like RawMaterialFishBass.rsc so they will not conflict with other mods if they are named like this, but will mean if someone else adds a mod with a resource called RawMaterialClam.rsc it will mean there will be doubles in the menus [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" /> not something I want, so I'm thinking of changing this as this will also mean any further processing of the fish/molluscs won't be able to use both resources.

Really all of my fish/mollusc are freshwater varieties, otherwise migrating freshwater fish...

If you add your own resources, you will need to make files just like what is in the Apiary example:

You will need a resource 3d model, so a basket or bowl or the actual item that is to be a resource that the citizens will carry and store etc,

You will need to make the Template/RawMaterial.rsc file + the associated Sprite images and string texts.

If you would like any of my resource files just ask I will send them to you. I'm sure the BL team will be just as helpful [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

And your buildings are looking great!

Ive added our <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> mussle files to this post in case anyone finds it useful.

theyre not in proper folders i just bunched them all together.

<a class="ipsAttachLink" href="//blackliquidsoftware.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=247">Mussle Stuff.zip</a>

Thank you I appreciate it. I'll check out the mussel files this week as I get a chance. 

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a> that is cool, I think they will go well together esp. as I am going for more ocean fish (I pretend that the river is connected to the ocean just around the corner!). 

I have to say though, this modeling is addictive.... 

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Screenshot50.jpg.77f9d74b552ad9e3fd5f21d295e82802.jpg" data-fileid="248">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Screenshot50.thumb.jpg.43ff4e07b91922dbcf42d7b6160382c5.jpg[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Screenshot49.jpg.382bad2dd430f699b033972fa9e34120.jpg" data-fileid="249">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Screenshot49.thumb.jpg.3bed9cc5d63de24f4bd49d90bed4a85c.jpg[/img]</a>

(I know - the smoke is in the wrong place on one of them... it is late)

Quote:
29 minutes ago, Necora said:

well said [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> and too true!

Quote:
32 minutes ago, Necora said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a>

Please do many more then!! These are great!!

idea and the mod is great.I question whether this mod will be separate?Please make this mod to work all parts of the np.<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, Medieval Town, The North, DS Small Village. Is it possible? Thank you and good luck in modeling.I'm sorry for my english